Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have done this, does it make much of a difference in traction/launching? Worth the effort? How difficult to do/cost?

Also, does it disqualify you for running in any drag classes?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i think when u have loads of hardware up front.. thats y people do it.. im not positive though.. and im sure iv seen relocation kits

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
But do you have to have an external shut off switch to be on the track?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I cant tell the difference mine is in the trunk ?????

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Couple of pics of mine. Car is almost ready for the dyno and then the track.
Second pic shows cut off switch that must be placed on rear-most external part of the car

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
What's the reason for the switch?

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
if you have the battery in the rear you must have a cutoff switch at the rear of the car to run down the track legally, and the purpose is so they can shut off the car. So it has to be wired thru the altenator also. Its alot easier to pop a hood in a wreck than a trunk.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I was thinking I might put mine where the lock cylinder in the trunk goes. i think itd look clean and no drilling holes.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
well i won't be a dick if people quit putting out wrong info, you shouldn't post unless you know your right on something like rules

·
Registered
575 Posts
well I dont have a switch and have never had a problem getting through tech inspection ???

·
Registered
428 Posts
different rules at different tracks probably. and some days its easier than others to get through tech inspection...depends on their mood i guess.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
NHRA rules makes you use a shut off swtich and tim is correct it has to go hrough the altinator other wise it won't shut off. And the box has to be sealed from the drivers compartment, which your rear seat I was told would work as that. Normal batteries need a box, optimas or dry cell bateries only require a hold down, they dont need a vented box as others do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts