Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im replacing my OEM clutch with another OEM clutch, do I need to lube any of the parts with anything before installing?

Should I replace the flywheel too?

My clutch pedal is very heavy and rough, does that mean the clutch cables gotta be replaced too?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
replace it with a king cobra kit...its not very much more and its a lot better clutch....i would replace the cable and quadrant as well

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
king cobra ftw...its like 190 bucks...and try and get flywheel resurfaced...i did it and its alot smoother engaging now

·
Registered
922 Posts
+1 on the king Cobra. You need to replace or resurface the flywheel, just like you would rotors when you do a brake job, so that the clutch disk seats properly, otherwise its likely to chatter.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
how many miles do you have on your car? does your throw out bearing make noise at all?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how many miles do you have on your car? does your throw out bearing make noise at all?
117,000. Its a 2001 GT. Ill probably replace the flywheel rather than resurface, and replacing the cable and quadrant sounds right considering Id rather not have to go back in there for another 15,000 miles. The bearing does make some noise, but to tell the truth the clutch has been good to me for 117,000 cause Im always good to the clutch, Ill just replace the entire setup but when I install....Do the bearings or shaft or anything have to be lubed with any kind of grease or cleaner? Its just something I remember seeing on one of those shows, I know he sprayed the new flywheel with some kind of protectant but I thought he mayve put a little bit of grease on the inside of the throwout bearing or pilot bearing when installing...This was another Mustang

1 - 7 of 7 Posts