Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a couple different options for an lower intake. I have seen a couple out there and am wondering what other are using. I like the Trick Flow unit right now the best unless there is something better. I have seen the Elderbrock unit but then I would have to get rid of my Fore Rails. Anyways, give me some suggestions. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
with forced induction I'd go with the eddy intake. yeah you'll have to get new rails I think it'd be worth it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but like I said, Im not really wanting to buy any more extra parts than I need too. Being forced induction I am just just not sure on how much it will matter.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
well the trickflow lower is rather expensive isn't it? like 600ish? My buddy bought the eddy intake for his car and has about the same into his between the lower, 6061 plenum, and fuel rails.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i talked to the guys at Hellion Power Systems (turbo kits) and they said it really doesn't matter that much. not that you can get away with junk, but i don't think you need to put too much thought into it. i'd say that almost any aftermarket intake for these engines would be ok.

unless of course, you're going for extreme HP. then, i'd do some research and even call some turbo and s/c guys.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
just keeep the stock intake you will be fine...you can make 700 with the stocker..

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, but can the stock intake hold up to 20 psi boost? Thats why Im asking. Im going to do things...lol

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Slow. How much for the Logan

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Im a dealer for them can shoot you a price if u interested in a pm...i would want $1600 for mine...its at j&s getting fully polished right now..

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
hook me up with one at cost

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just keeep the stock intake you will be fine...you can make 700 with the stocker..
thats cool, I will just stick with the stocker for now. If I have money left over after I buy my heads, I might just buy an intake but it sounds like it doesnt matter much anyways so....looks like I can save a few bucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts