Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: HOLY S***

It sounds like a beast, it has a great mean sound to it....but DAMN is that sucker LOUD. I don't know what I think about it just yet. It sounds great under 2.5K rpm's so its a great modd to keep your MPG up. =p lol and when you get on it, its like you are raising the dead.

I know a few people on here that have this set up. Anyone want to chime in lol. Also I guess you are always going to get a very very faint smell of gas???

I will get sound clips tonight because when i was looking for a set up I couldn't find this at all on you tube other then one guy on the dyno.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
lol wow talk about good timing!!!

i ordered the o/r prochamber...but they are out of stock atm....so now i'm back to deciding if i should just go o/r h?!?!

i mean i have question!

1. how loud is at just start up and idle? any louder than the bombs bythemselves?
2. drone?
3. Can i tame it down when i need too?
4. Would you go o/r h again? or would you try the prochamber? (the chamber is suppose to mellow out your sound but still give some loudness)
5. sound quality? raspy?

lol i know lots of questions, but you have the exact setup i was JUST asking about 2 days ago!

thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
double post =/

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lol well i didnt have time to get the sound clip. I drove it home and back to work and changed back to the stock H at work. It was just stupid LOUD! Trying to figure something put to tame it down a little. IDK im going crazy over here trying to figure out something that will sound nice.

Im thinking of adding some pype M80's to it but im not sure...or maybe some hi flow cats. I want something that was in between the pype bombs on the catted H and the pype bombs on the O/R H.

·
Registered
272 Posts
From what I've read, it should be good with some M80s. I just have the PypeBomb itself and can't really imagine what it'd be like w/out the cats. BTW, yes, w/out them you'll probably always have some smell (that's pretty much why they're there, to clean up the exhaust gases). I'd stay away from high flow cats personally as I've never really heard anything good about them especially should you go super/turbo in the future, plus the stock cats are actually pretty good. If you get M80s install them close to the H (mid muffler type setup) and you should have a nice deep "oldschool" tone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts