Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been searching for an o/r x pipe and i like buyin from a.m. because of the customer service but there's a bigger selection at lethal performance. which brand have you owned and what kind of fitment issues did you have if any? i dont want to spend 300+ for one either. thanks for your help

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i have owned 2 pypes x pipes. the first one i bought was great, it had a single arm that came off and had a ball and socket flange that sealed great. the second one i got sucked cause they went to a cheap 3 piece which uses clamps to hold the sections together. fitment was crap and it hung down to low.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
i have owned 2 pypes x pipes. the first one i bought was great, it had a single arm that came off and had a ball and socket flange that sealed great. the second one i got sucked cause they went to a cheap 3 piece which uses clamps to hold the sections together. fitment was crap and it hung down to low.

+1, they made it that way so that it could be modular with the different year 4.6s I had to cut my hangers and re weld them to get it to sit higher up. And I also had to cut the pipe length because they were too long. It actually came with a sheet that said what needed to be done to fit what year mustang. I mean if your comfortable with doing that kind of thing I think its not too bad of a product for the price. Ive had a few exhaust combos and the pypes x with cats and cat back have been my fav. set up so far no cabin drone at all which is a plus for me. Its just too bad you cant just take em out of the box and install but they may have changed this was 2 years ago when I bought them.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought about just going with bbk because i have there headers but idk i'd like to get a few more opinions.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i have a pypes o/r x layin in my shop i took off a customers car if you interested. the old pypes pieces were crap, this one is a revised version and actually suprised the hell out of me how well it fit. not sure if all the newer pypes pieces are like that, but if they all fit like this one then i would say go for it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the new revised 3 pc x-pipe. I had no issues other than the clamps they give you I replaced with lapped band clamps.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I love my BBK exhaust, even with shorties compared to the LTs I plan on getting I love BBKs quality and sound.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i personally hate bbk mid pipes, they are so damn cheaply made. their x is like something a 5yr old designed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts