Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where the welds on the insides of the flange totally smoothed out or where they like the ones i post here.this is my second set and im just curious if this is normal or not

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those are pictures of two sets.the guy at american muscle promised the second set would be legit.im really tired of waiting to get them installed.i know its not american muscles fault as they dont produce the headers,everything else ive got has been perfect.

so tell me what you guys think,return them for a different brand or is this not a big enough deal to bother with?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont own a set but they look fine to me
i thought they were supposed to be smoothed out? do you by chance have a picture of yours before installing them so i can feel better about them?

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
I dont have a set, still rocking stock manifolds, but in the pics you can see what looks like grinding marks where they "smoothed" them out. I'd say as long as the welds mot protruding past the flange youre good to go

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont have a set, still rocking stock manifolds, but in the pics you can see what looks like grinding marks where they "smoothed" them out. I'd say as long as the welds mot protruding past the flange youre good to go
these are on the driver side headers,the other side are smoothed out perfectly.i dont get it

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
From those pics the welds look like they are blocking the exhaust flow path. I'd be pretty pissed off. That's disappointing to see. I have never had a problem with any pypes product I've owned and I've had 2 axle backs, a set of mufflers, headers and a mid pipe from them. The welds almost look like they are welded inside the primary instead of outside on the flange.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is the passenger side

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From those pics the welds look like they are blocking the exhaust flow path. I'd be pretty pissed off. That's disappointing to see. I have never had a problem with any pypes product I've owned and I've had 2 axle backs, a set of mufflers, headers and a mid pipe from them. The welds almost look like they are welded inside the primary instead of outside on the flange.
yes! they are welded on both the outside and inside

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i am getting the ceramic bbk headers instead.im very happy i dont have to deal with pypes any longer.just the fact the bbk are made in the usa makes me feel better.american muscle was great about the whole thing and they are shipping out the bbk next day air for the trouble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts