Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a video a while back but promised to make a few better ones and I finally got around to doing them yesterday. I wanted it all on one video but my wife done them separetely and I don't have a program on my computer to combine them all so here are the videos. Enjoy!:D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sounds good! I might have to re- think my exhaust ideas now! :)

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Just a cat-back? Or full exhaust?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is your x-pipe Pypes also?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I honestly don't know. It was on the car when I bought it from the dealership.
How could the dealership sell you a car without cats? Not disputing that it happened but isn't that illegal

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
How could the dealership sell you a car without cats? Not disputing that it happened but isn't that illegal
Emissions laws probably don't outlaw o/r mid pipes in OP's hometown

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Emissions laws probably don't outlaw o/r mid pipes in OP's hometown
I don't think you can legally not have cats on anywhere in the united states no matter what emissions ares.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We don't have emissions testing here but cats are still required by federal law. As for how the dealer was able to sell a car without cats is easy. No one even checks for them around here. When I go for inspection all the guy looks for is the safety stuff like operating lights, window tint and no visible cracks in the windshield obstructing the drivers view. Used cars and trucks are sold all the time without convertors or mufflers. Usually the way a vehicle is traded in is how it looks when it gets sold.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
So just wondering did you get your car from an actual dealership or like a used dealership? I know I bought my car without mufflers and that's not legal in wisconsin. But I was just surprised because like you said it's a federal law so if a dealership is caught selling something like that aren't they held responsible then?

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So just wondering did you get your car from an actual dealership or like a used dealership? I know I bought my car without mufflers and that's not legal in wisconsin. But I was just surprised because like you said it's a federal law so if a dealership is caught selling something like that aren't they held responsible then?
It was a used car dealership and if they got caught then im sure they could get into trouble. My car got traded in at a chevy dealership for a 2010 Camaro, the Chevy dealer then sold the car to the used dealer where I bought it from. Atleast thats the story the salesman told me. If thats true then both dealers had the chance to do an inspection and neither of them attempted to change out the midpipe so apparently it wasn't an issue to them.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Ah ok, I was just wondering because I didn't think they were legally allowed to sell a car without cats and I guess I'd assume that places would take more precautions in stuff like that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts