Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put my pypes mid muffler exhaust on and man i think it is the best sounding exhaust that u can put on a s197. now should i go with a o/r H or X?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i put the x on mine
but its a six
i'll have a sound clip tomorrow if you still want one lol

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
does pypes make a h pipe like their x pipe?
well the one i got you cut and weld in
do they make a h pipe like that?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The new Pypes H-Pipe is 4-piece, and a pain in the ass.

Regardless, I have the Pypes MM and Pypes OR/H, and all I can say is DAMN! It's nice. Very loud though. I almost wish it was a little bit quieter, but I just ordered 100 sq. feet of B-Quiet Xtreme for sound deadening, so it WILL be a little bit quieter (inside) soon!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i think everything pypes is a pain in the ass lol
well at least for the six
they dont want to give you the other side hangers they want you to buy them
and they want you to buy v6 instructions too :wtf
they only sent gt ones, so it took well over 6 hours just to install my x pipe and mid muffler system when it should have been two

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
but it sounds good so it was worth it lol

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
The new Pypes H-Pipe is 4-piece, and a pain in the ass.

Regardless, I have the Pypes MM and Pypes OR/H, and all I can say is DAMN! It's nice. Very loud though. I almost wish it was a little bit quieter, but I just ordered 100 sq. feet of B-Quiet Xtreme for sound deadening, so it WILL be a little bit quieter (inside) soon!
Yea, that sucks about the h pipe being a 4 piece now. Glad I bought mine when I did and got the 2 piece

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
id vote prochamber honestly....i'm biased towards the prochamber mid pipes though. If you want headers I'd vote mac longtubes and prochamber...if you want the off road H i'd go with american racing headers and their off road h pipe

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
whats the difference between prochamber and pypes?

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
the pypes h pipe is just a typical off road h pipe. The prochamber is somewhat similar, but it has a box welded on the end. It is deeper than the H pipe and it is supposed to even the exhaust pulses. Whether it does that or not, I have no idea. I loved it on the new edges and I love it on the 3v's. The prochambers are more expensive though, but worth the price to me

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
gotcha
they have no use for me then :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey guys. I have the pype o/r X pipe and I think it has a lower tone than the h pipe. a friend of mine got the H pipe and it seems to have a really loud cackly through the entire RPM range. I habe the Pypes mid muffler and Pypes o/r X pipe. I love the sound of it. it has a little bit of a cackle in the lower rpms but when you hammer the gas it smooths out and just sounds plan mean. I would do the x pipe but have a professional install it cause it is a pain in the A$$ to install yourself. it is 3 pieces and they are not very precicely built, so you have to do some tweaking on them to get it all to fit right. other than that they sound great and offer a good amount of performance gain.

Also make sure you get it tuned that will give you the full potential. of the upgrade I didn't realize how much I was losing until I got mine tuned. it was a whole different car. good luck can't wait to hear what you got.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
+1 on the x pipe its even smooth on the v6's too

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
hey guys. I have the pype o/r X pipe and I think it has a lower tone than the h pipe. a friend of mine got the H pipe and it seems to have a really loud cackly through the entire RPM range. I habe the Pypes mid muffler and Pypes o/r X pipe. I love the sound of it. it has a little bit of a cackle in the lower rpms but when you hammer the gas it smooths out and just sounds plan mean. I would do the x pipe but have a professional install it cause it is a pain in the A$$ to install yourself. it is 3 pieces and they are not very precicely built, so you have to do some tweaking on them to get it all to fit right. other than that they sound great and offer a good amount of performance gain.

Also make sure you get it tuned that will give you the full potential. of the upgrade I didn't realize how much I was losing until I got mine tuned. it was a whole different car. good luck can't wait to hear what you got.
I'm wondering if two cars with the same set-up don't sound totally different. I installed the Pypes o/r X and mid muffler system on mine. I didn't even get it off the ramps before I took the X off! It sounded like a Honda with two fart cans out back. I ended up gutting the cats and re- installing the factory H pipe. Now it has the sound I had been looking for without all the popping and trumpeting. Just deep and low. But... I have heard others say they like the o/r X and mid muffler set-up. :dunno

·
Registered
3,826 Posts

you don't need to get a midpipe tuned...tuners just disable the rear 02 sensors. If you didn't have a tune before the pipe, then I can understand you feeling the difference. An off road mid pipe probably gives 7-10hp

1 - 20 of 29 Posts