Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy **** was this thing a pain in the ass to install.

They are now 4 pieces instead of 2.

I had to rent an exhaust pipe expander to get the cross section to fit. :(

I had to bend the hangers for them to fit correctly. :eek:

I had to extend one of the O2 sensor wires. :eek:

And this is supposed to be a straight swap? Shhiiieeetttt....

At least it is on now and sounds decent. Hopefully my mid-mufflers will go on a little easier than this (but from some stories I've heard, I shouldn't hold my breath).

Anyone else install this 4-piece H-Pipe yet?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, I'm sure it was easier, but I wanted an H-Pipe, and Pypes seemed to be the way to go. The only other H-Pipes I found were expensive as ****.

Also, I was told Brenspeed is the only dealer selling Pypes H-Pipes now. Some sort of exclusive they have on it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do, but $399 seems a bit ridiculous for an H-Pipe.

MRT is about 15 miles from me. I need to get over there to check out what they have and what they can do!

MRT also has the H pipe. They say they are awesome, I plan to get one.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
You mentioned later installing the pypes mid muffler exhaust.
Well... yeh it wasn't quite as easy as throwing it on and hitting the streets.
Mine didn't hang right at all, no matter what I did. So I had to take
it to a local shop to have them cut and reweld one of the hangers. Otherwise one side fit great and the other side hung down about 4 inches at the tail, looked like ****.
But, happy now. sounds good. and spot welded all the joints so it won't move around.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Pypes quality FTL
well spoken from a guy who has never used or seen any pypes products:rolleyes:.

My mid-mufflers went in extremly easy... it was just getting the stock pipes out that was the problem. Took it into the shop to get the tips welded on though.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just installed the pypes O/R X-pipe yesterday. My only complaint is that the pipes hang very low, almost like they made the legs that come from the manifolds a little too long. Other than that it went right in. I did have to trim some off the back of the X because of a home brewed mid-muffler system, but that was not Pypes fault.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Newbie question here. What if any does the Pypes H-pipe have compared to the stock H-pipe.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Pypes H-pipe is also stainless and appears to weigh less overall.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
well spoken from a guy who has never used or seen any pypes products:rolleyes:.

My mid-mufflers went in extremly easy... it was just getting the stock pipes out that was the problem. Took it into the shop to get the tips welded on though.
Well how many stories have been posted here and on other forums where there has been quality and fitment issues with Pypes? How many have you heard with Bassani, or Borla? Exactly.:eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts