Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just ordered the pypes "beast" exhaust system (X pipe and catback) and I haven't ordered MIL eliminators because I can't afford them yet. I was curious if it would hurt the car to drive it around without MIL eliminators in with the check engine light on for a couple weeks until I get the cash for some MIL Eliminators... Thanks guys you are the best!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
No it wont hurt the car but it will hurt your Gas Mileage not sure how much but i think it is a noticable amount and i also believe you will lose some power. YOu gotta get those Mills ASAP or you gotta turn your check engine light off with a tuner. Maybe dont put your X pipe on yet until you can afford them. Mills are expensive, i know but i know you can actually make your own. Im not sure how but i know there are people on this site that know how so maybe someone will see this tread and explain on that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, yeah if anyone knows how to make any I have access to pretty much any tools I'm sure i would need

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
No it wont hurt the car but it will hurt your Gas Mileage not sure how much but i think it is a noticable amount and i also believe you will lose some power.....
mine are on, i have to buy new 02's, my buddy used my impact gun on them...not a smart move...i was like wtf man!!! and if i am loosing power...my god i cannot wait to fix it

What doesn't he know...
i concur^

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
and by the way...you just bought the best exhaust ever...chances are you will be the only one around with that sound!!!

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
My CEL was on until I got my tuner and it didn't have any negative effects. All the rear 02's do is monitor catalyst efficency and that is the only code it throws. It won't do anything negative. I even went to the dragstrip with my CEL on. no difference. Same gas mileage as well. It will just be annoying.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
doc, so you think its just the shot front o2 on the one side that is making my gas mileage ****?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Most likely. Did you ever change it out with the rear one?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
not yet... i still have pins in my hand from when i broke it..i will as soon as i can though

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
You could always follow Mach Boy down here next weekend from St.Louis. We are gonna port and polish his intake and stuff on his Mach. We could get you all fixed up too. :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
hmmm...its honestly a possibility..i mean seriously i am going to the track on friday then i am fair game

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Come on down. We will be working on his friday and if you come down saturday, when we get the gears in mine, and the nitrous tanks filled and our bottles full we can head to the track Saturday afternoon at MoKan.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ok i will have to see what my paycheck is gonna be lol, i have been out of work for 5 weeks with this damn hand

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Its $15 to race at MoKan but I know the gas down can get kinda high. Just let me know.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ok i will do the math after i work tomorrow...i will do my best to make it, would be badass to have 3 or 4 of us working on mustangs at the same house lol, and then rolling to the track together sweet..

PS sorry for doc and i jacking this thread

1 - 18 of 18 Posts