Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who heard them in person what do you think i have both violators, brand new, jba 2 months old.Exhaust is stock except for axle backs the car KB 2.6L 484 RWHP.I also have an off road h that i took off,have it sitting in the shed.One of brenspeeds guys told me becareful w/the stock cats and supercharger the heat can melt them down over time.The off road h sounds good when revved but needs some balance,old chevy truck when taking off. Plus, i have emissions, i can do the switch myself which is not hard but i just don't know which route:sorry Or should i go to some other mod and leave the jba on there and sell the violators or the other way around.Give me some ideas.

· Registered
428 Posts
it depends on how loud or what note you want your car to make. I have the pypes violators w/or x and i love them! My wife hates how loud they are in the morning on cold starts and some of my neighbors dont like me waking them up @0600 (i live in an apt complex) but some of them say it sounds like pure classic musclecar! It's a really agressive sound under any throttle possition! They earn the name Violator! It's your choice really. mufflers all make about the same low amount of power (4-5hp, if that) so it's just a matter of the way they look, how they sound, and which name you like the best. I can tell you that ive been wanting to chop my exhaust tips off and replace them, they look good at first but i got tired of them quick. I'd rather have some tips like magnaflow.

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the off road h and that thing was rediculous talking about loud as loud especially when revved or jump into the throttle.The jba are much quieter i had my wife drive the car around the block you could hear it but it was very mellow racey sound but mellow.When you crank on it you could hear the blower the boost starts climbing.I don't know maybe i will run them for a bit,the thing is i spent money straightening them up so to remove them again.I probably get some m80 welded in and see what happens.

· Registered
1,528 Posts
I think the jba sounds like great. Theres a difference between a nice sounding loud and just a loud sound stupit sound:2cents.

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JBA axle backs do sound great but they are kind of quiet to me.I thought of having a custom muffler delete made but i am thinking of trying something on my own,dunno.I think what i will do is just order muffler deletes or use the rearend of my old violators as a starter and see if something can be made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.