Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about switching my exhaust up again lol. Getting tired of the spintechs and over all insane loudness of them. I never paid much attention to Pypes but I REALLY like the sound of there Violator CB. Anybody have this and happy with it? Im seriously thinking of selling my current setup for these. Here is the vid that sold me

Mustang Exhaust Video - YouTube

·
AHRC Suffolk, NY CarShow
525 Posts
wow.....those are my exhaust set-ups right there.
first i had the flows, then switched to the violators.
thats a pretty accurate video ... the pypes really "crackle" on the down shift .... "sometimes" a little too much ....especially if im driving around in 3rd, when i should be in 4th.
i like them ..

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have spintech super pro streets. Slp longtubes and slp o/r x. im running my magnaflow tailpipes from my old magnapack cb.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check through my previous threads...specificaly the one of me getting dynoed

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
I have both the violators and the cat'd x-pipe and love it. I am a family man who lives in a town house development. I wanted something somewhat tame at idle and part throttle that would not drone too bad in the highway but still had a good growl at WOT. Pypes fit the build. I have to admit the fitment was not perfect but with patience they went on just fine (i wrote the american muscle install guide for both).

With my 3.73's i get a slight drone at 2k rpms +\- 1.5k. This puts you at 70mph in 5th 67 is no drone and 72 is no drone. This is perfect for the family cruises with the 5 and 7 year old in the back.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
After listening to that first vid i would say it is accurate except a bit less raspy with a catt"d mid if that is what you have. Almost a split between both those cars. Same grumble just less popping and tinnyness to it.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds too raspy...Blowmasters even sounded better...lol
I disagree lol, but to each his own.

Sounds good. Sounds almost identical to my magnaflow magnapacks I had.

I have both the violators and the cat'd x-pipe and love it. I am a family man who lives in a town house development. I wanted something somewhat tame at idle and part throttle that would not drone too bad in the highway but still had a good growl at WOT. Pypes fit the build. I have to admit the fitment was not perfect but with patience they went on just fine (i wrote the american muscle install guide for both).

With my 3.73's i get a slight drone at 2k rpms +\- 1.5k. This puts you at 70mph in 5th 67 is no drone and 72 is no drone. This is perfect for the family cruises with the 5 and 7 year old in the back.

Good luck.

Thanks man. I really like the tone of them in that vid especially with the o/r x (which is what I have). It will give it a little more raw/loudness to them without being too much.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I always thought I wanted that deep Muscle Car sound... but the more I listen, the more I want that race car snarl.

·
Registered
950 Posts
i say get the pypes m80 mufflers.. with my longtubes and vrs x pipe its deep and loud and aggressive sounding. I get so many compliments its retarded.

Notice how my friend walks away lol, its mean!

START AT :33 SECS

It sounds even better in person

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would bro but ive already had a setup that sounded almost identical (my old magnapacks) They sound good I just want something different and the violators have the sound I want and just the right amount of rasp without being to much IMO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts