Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering putting NOS in my car and thus I'll need to change my spark plugs (amongst other things).

As far as I gather these will suffice:
Brisk Silver Racing

However, will the pose a problem when not shooting nitrous? Will they work just as well on a standard NA engine?

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
Most s/c and I think nitrous guys just use copper spark plugs.
They're cheaper, but they don't last as long as all the fancy iridium/platinum bullshit.

I use NGK TR6's.
They're $1.56 at Rockauto.

**** paying $11.95 for a spark plug.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use TR6's as well for my nitrous setup. They are just fine when running N/A. You can have two different tunes, but I don't bother with my setup (100rwhp shot) since you have to turn the car off to load another tune. They are one step colder and come pregapped to .035", ready to go. I would chnage them more often with nitrous to check how they look, at least every 10k miles, or maybe more if spraying alot. I change every 5th or 6th bottle, and they come out looking almost new.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most s/c and I think nitrous guys just use copper spark plugs.
They're cheaper, but they don't last as long as all the fancy iridium/platinum bullshit.

I use NGK TR6's.
They're $1.56 at Rockauto.

**** paying $11.95 for a spark plug.
I hear you man, but considering that NGK's cost about $20 a pop over here I might as well buy the $11.95 from the US and have them shipped....i.e if they are better than the NGK's

I use TR6's as well for my nitrous setup. They are just fine when running N/A. You can have two different tunes, but I don't bother with my setup (100rwhp shot) since you have to turn the car off to load another tune. They are one step colder and come pregapped to .035", ready to go. I would chnage them more often with nitrous to check how they look, at least every 10k miles, or maybe more if spraying alot. I change every 5th or 6th bottle, and they come out looking almost new.
Ok good stuff, but as I will only be shooting NOS on the strip I can live with 2 different tunes. Thanks for you advice tho guys highly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts