Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my new FR500s on and I was wondering (can't remember if I've read this before) if the QA1 k-member and a-arms move the wheels OUT a little bit? They look like they stick out more than they should. And no there is no spacer being run. The plan is to swap over to an MM k-member/A-arms after the tax season, but for now I gotta stick with this crap.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Mine didn't. Did you buy the arms for 99-04?

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine didn't. Did you buy the arms for 99-04?
No idea. The whole setup was on the car when I bought it. Here is a pic. I just put the wheels on and the car on the ground last night after being up in the air since november so this whole setup is brand new. Best pics I could get in my tiny garage:

·
Registered
907 Posts
They do push them out a bit if you go with new edge A arms. My car has shorter Fox A arms to pull the wheels back in. I think it looks better than 99% of the new edge's with skinnies up front.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Looks right to me.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Mine pushed them out, but it wasn't much, maybe 1/2" each side. Why the swap to MM? Planing on autocross/road coursing? I will agree the QA1 is a piece of ****, I'll never buy anything from them again. I had to bore out the mount holes to get it to bolt up.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine pushed them out, but it wasn't much, maybe 1/2" each side. Why the swap to MM? Planing on autocross/road coursing? I will agree the QA1 is a piece of ****, I'll never buy anything from them again. I had to bore out the mount holes to get it to bolt up.
Yeah, or at the very least, never drag racing and more corner carving

What's the backspacing on the fr500 wheels?
Dunno. Whatever comes on the FR500s for 99-04 mustangs from CJPony

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I'm running QA1 and have installed a few on other cars.... never had to bore any holes. Never had any issues at all with them actually. I wouldn't call it the best manufacturing in the world but I've certainly never had any fitment issues with any of their components. The same goes for UPR.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I have heard this quite a bit with them as well..

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I'm running QA1 and have installed a few on other cars.... never had to bore any holes. Never had any issues at all with them actually. I wouldn't call it the best manufacturing in the world but I've certainly never had any fitment issues with any of their components. The same goes for UPR.
Not only do the wheels get pushed out with new edge a-arms, it throws the camber way off and I had to use camber bolts along with the 4-bolt CC plates to correct it; I'd go UPR if I could do it again. I really must have some bad luck, had to do basically the same to my brand new Mac LT Driver Side Header. (Bore the Flange holes and use washers).

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I am going with team z for sure. only heard good things!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts