Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Guys,

Just got a quick question for you all. Im looking at buying a used k member (QA1) from a gentlemen.

Is there anything i need to be watchful of b4 i purchase?

What parts supplies are needs extra for an install like this?

Currently I just have the stock arms and uca's, nor do i have cc plates because im running c-rated springs. I don't have coilovers either.... sooo if i bought the kmember would i need these things? Or what is your take personal take?

Thanks in advance :) If you need me to answer anything to help me, please ask.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Not necessarily, I think the guy in that thread kept everything stock.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yeah but they both are essentially the same thing. And QA1 doesn't require you to change everything at once. As with most brands the have different K member options.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yes I believe its 3 QA1s total. You shed anywhere from 35-50lbs. As mrbigjeep previously stated I also recommend you get some CC plates and if not coil overs (they are generally expensive) I would get a good set a springs. Your stock a arms should be fine. I would replace all bushings and isolators when doing this as well.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If you DD the car and do not race it there is not much advantage to do that much work for a tubular K

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, thanks all for the help.... i think after hearing ppl's opinion & what i've read (personally) gonna skip it.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
im glad people are getting use out of my thread

i did the k member mostly for the room you gain to work on the fornt of the car

·
Registered
485 Posts
im glad people are getting use out of my thread

i did the k member mostly for the room you gain to work on the fornt of the car
+1 but if ur gunna do a tubular k do it the right way with the c.a. and coilovers. Upr.com sells the whole kit for like 550

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
+1 but if ur gunna do a tubular k do it the right way with the c.a. and coilovers. Upr.com sells the whole kit for like 550
so i did mine the wrong way?, i didnt want to spend a bunch of money on **** i already have ( have coil overs going in soon now that i have cc plates)

also with the PA racing k member you can upgrade as you chose at your own pace

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's not wrong, poor word choice, but do it once, rather than lifting ur car, putting it on stands, taking off the wheels, pulling off this n that. It's a pita. Been there done that

·
Registered
485 Posts
N btw you may as well buy headers n do those while ur up there. Putting them in while ur kmember is in is nearly impossible on the passengers side

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
N btw you may as well buy headers n do those while ur up there. Putting them in while ur kmember is in is nearly impossible on the passengers side
i think once you have a tube k in it its a different story on header install

1 - 20 of 26 Posts