Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove my quad shocks, but the damn nut wont come off on the axle end. Ive tapped on it with a hammer and sprayed the hell out of it with PB blaster. My 1/2" drive impact wrench wont even budge it, and that's never got stuck on a nut. Any tips on getting it off?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
breaker bar :dunno

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
it sounds to me you got to jack up the rear end a bit so the weight is off the quad shock. if it just turns and turns that means the threads are out and the bolt is pinched in from the weight

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
it sounds to me you got to jack up the rear end a bit so the weight is off the quad shock. if it just turns and turns that means the threads are out and the bolt is pinched in from the weight
Winner winner

·
Registered
634 Posts
try heat (carefully). take a propane torch and heat the thing up for about 1-2 minutes then hit it with the impact wrench. Almost always works.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you talking about the one on the front side? Cause if I remember the is welded on. Try the head on the back side!
Dude, you are awesome!! thanks for that tip. it popped right off from the back side. reps given :banana My dumb ass would have never figured that out. The nut is actually welded on, i would have beat on that thing forever, it looks like its supposed to come off. they went with the stealth welding on that nut.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm not the OP but I was doing the same thing this weekend. Passenger side. That front bolt, one click at a time on the ratchet. It took forever. Driver's side. Easy to get to and it came right out. Thanks Rzncain. I probably would have missed the weld spots on the front nuts.

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
I'm not the OP but I was doing the same thing this weekend. Passenger side. That front bolt, one click at a time on the ratchet. It took forever. Driver's side. Easy to get to and it came right out. Thanks Rzncain. I probably would have missed the weld spots on the front nuts.
you are also welcome bud!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts