Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to replace the quarter windows on my 86gt. i can't find any though. right now it's got the quarter windows from a capri on it. i found some newer quarters for 75 bucks. what to you guys think? also, anyone know where i can get the quarters for an 86?

thanks.

·
Registered
698 Posts
By newer do you mean '87 up? Remember the trim molding is a little different. $75 would be a good price if the rubber molding around the glass is decent is decent. The only difference between '86 Capri 1/4 and '86 1/4 is the plastic sail panels. Glass is the same. I may have the plastics laying around some where.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
post up a link to the quarter windows you found.. or is it somebody you know who is selling it? i didn't think anybody was currently making them..

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
By newer do you mean '87 up? Remember the trim molding is a little different. $75 would be a good price if the rubber molding around the glass is decent is decent. The only difference between '86 Capri 1/4 and '86 1/4 is the plastic sail panels. Glass is the same. I may have the plastics laying around some where.
yeah, i mean 87 +. i know that the plastic is the only difference, but i hate the capri plastics. plus, they're coming loose and i'm pretty sure it's cause they're broken.

post up a link to the quarter windows you found.. or is it somebody you know who is selling it? i didn't think anybody was currently making them..
you can't really see the trim that well on the picture. i'm guessing it's not in great shape. but new ones are expensive as hell.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

don't know why it didn't post pic, but the link takes you there.

can't see em that well.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found pics of a guys which were repaired with a bunch of sanding and some paint and they look good. if i can't find any sail panels for it, i'm just gonna get these and see if i can spruce 'em up a little.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
if you ship me the glass i will restore the rubber for $35

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you ship me the glass i will restore the rubber for $35
i don't even know if i'm gonna get the windows. i'd like to get some new sail panels, but i'm having a lot of trouble finding them. i wanna keep the stock look but i definitely want to get rid of the capri panels.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i do get the newer style windows, will i run into any trouble puting them on my 86?

·
Registered
698 Posts
The molding above the door won't match nor will the belt molding on the door. The windows will bolt right in. If you want the sail panel plastics I will look in my spare parts. I may have the earlier Mustang ones plus I used to have a set of SVO plastics, those I can't swear to without digging.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The molding above the door won't match nor will the belt molding on the door. The windows will bolt right in. If you want the sail panel plastics I will look in my spare parts. I may have the earlier Mustang ones plus I used to have a set of SVO plastics, those I can't swear to without digging.
yeah. lemme know if you've got a set. i'd much rather have those than the full glass.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
nobody makes the 87-93 quarter glass anymore. I did see a NOS set for $500 a window. I **** you not, $500 per side.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nobody makes the 87-93 quarter glass anymore. I did see a NOS set for $500 a window. I **** you not, $500 per side.
yeah, i know. rediculous, huh? i found some for 75 bucks that i'm getting tomorrow. the guys says they are in "great shape" but who knows. the glass is good, but i can't tell how the trim is by the picture. i figured i'd pick em up and refurb the trim. if i don't use them, i can just sell em and make my money back.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
cj poney parts has new quarter glass but they don't say mustang on them
Yeah, sure they do...call them and talk to them. They along with everyone else that has these posted has them on permanent back order. 5.0 resto has them in their catalog too, over 300 orders on back order with no estimate as to when if ever they can convince some one to start manufacturing them again. Trust me, I've done my research.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Yeah, sure they do...call them and talk to them. They along with everyone else that has these posted has them on permanent back order. 5.0 resto has them in their catalog too, over 300 orders on back order with no estimate as to when if ever they can convince some one to start manufacturing them again. Trust me, I've done my research.
thats what i thought

1 - 18 of 18 Posts