Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone here have a 10 second v6 mustang? i wanna get ,y v6 in to the 10's jsut curious who else might have one, and what all they did...

·
Registered
487 Posts
does anyone here have a 10 second v6 mustang? i wanna get ,y v6 in to the 10's jsut curious who else might have one, and what all they did...
i know a couple of people who are in the 10s but idk if they are on this forum or not. built motor and a good ole turbo with supporting mods will put you on your way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah, i got a x charger to go on top of the motor. i like that style better. dont hit the track that often.

ive seen the vortech video of a 10.88 @126...but he had a 75 shot on his. im not going FI X2

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
How about you give us what you already have?

Engine spec wise...
and power wise

·
Registered
487 Posts
nah, i got a x charger to go on top of the motor. i like that style better. dont hit the track that often.

ive seen the vortech video of a 10.88 @126...but he had a 75 shot on his. im not going FI X2
yea that was probably skatefreak. he had a t-trim with 20psi with a supercoupe bottom end and a 50-75 shot on it.

if you run a good bit of boost with water/meth injection and have a hell of a launch, you might could hit 10's

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the basics.

Modifications: Red line gas hood lift, GT front bumper cover W/ fogs, Sequential turn signals, Xenon hood scoop, 245 emblems, Stainless and red braid hoses, 4.0 Motorsports torque limiters, 4.0 Motorsports Line Lock, Auto meter A/F Gauge, Fuel pressure Gauge, Boost Gauge, Oil pressure Gauge, 4.0 Motorsports boost/vac manilfold, Shaftmasters Alum drive shaft, Mishimoto performance 3 core radiator, Competition Engineering drive shaft saftey loop, 1 gallon fuel cell,4.0 Motorsports Battery Relocation unit, drilled and slotted rotors, Rear seat delete.

Engine: Methanol injected supercharged 4.1L 60-degree SOHC 2V V-6 with full balance.

Block: Iron

Heads: Aluminum ported and polished (Stage 3 SuperHeads: high polished chambers and exhaust ports, plus length 1.90/1.56 swirl polished stainless steel valves, .500 lift CompCams valve springs (#80 seat), retainers, and seals 236 CFM intake/176 CFM exhaust.)

Cam: custom grind Duration (.050)-259/267 Lift-.450/.450 Lobe Separation 116

Rods: Pauter custom rods.

Intake: 4th Gen M90 Supercharger w/ 2.3 pulley

TB: Polished stock

Injecteor: 39 LB/HR FRPP

Alcohol Injection: 10 GPH

Fuel: 93 OCT

Fuel pump: Stock /Kenne bell comp Boost a pump

Cubic inches: 248.5

BXS: 3.98X3.32 (30 over)

Pistons: Wiseco forged

Compression: 8.8:1

Comp ht: 1.440

Dome Rise:-.155

Dome Volume: -10.0

Deck thickness:.405

Hardware: ARP fasteners

HP: ~unknown currently

TQ: ~unknown currently

Red line: ~7,500 RPM

Ignition: DUI Racing 45,000 VDC Coil, with Kenne Bell Boost a spark

Plugs: Autolite -1 heat range

Tune: Custom methanol 93 OCT

Transmission: Built Borg Warner World Class T5

Clutch: Spec Stage 2

Shifter: Hurst Short Throw

Drive shaft: Shaftmasters

Rear end: 7.5'' 3.73:1

Suspension: J&M lower control arms

Oil Pump: Gerotor

Exhaust: Flowmaster American thunder

Header: 4.0 motorsports SS

Mid pipe: Pypes SS X pipe

Cooling: 50/50% Methanol injection

Air Intake: K&N semi cone

i plan on more suspention, a 8.8 ( for slicks or DR's), and maybe looking at a slightly smaller pulley depending on how the dyno charts look. ive had a few people telling me to upgrade blowers...but if i hit a 10.99 or better once ill be happy. shes not a track car... just a fun cruiser.

·
Registered
615 Posts
never thought you could be too specific on this forum haha

you should be getting a 8.8 rear because I don't think your current rear will last long trying to run 10s

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Dont know if that blower alone will get you there or not, but it'd be cool if it does.

Few things I think may help you reach your goal are... 28" Slicks and skinnies, 4.56 gear ratio, race weight of 3000-3200lbs, and about 450rwhp should get you close.

What does it run now? What tires?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
After looking more into your mods, your def gonna need some fuel upgrades, 60's minimum and a better pump.

And to be honest, if your non ic'd a small shot of nitrous 50-75hit would work wonders on your setup.

First thing is you need to get to the dyno and have it tuned then get some track results and go from there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well as far as fuel thats why i got the BAP...to give it a try.. ill find out this week on the dyno weather its good enough or not.

im pouring 10 GPH of 50/50. not adding nitrous. it dont see track that much.

suspention slicks. not doing a gear upgrade. id like to actully go down to a 3.55

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we shall see. im prepared to do fuel upgrades, and looking in to a tvs blower upgrade.

someone stole my username... and they dont even use it...any way mods can clear up 05horse? thats my name....

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
tvs blower would be interesting....

Even better if you could get a KB or Whipple...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts