Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy i work with has a 306 he is selling for a pretty good price and i am wanting to buy it but it has an ARP conversion kit to run 351 gt40 style heads on it would this still be compatible with a regular 5.0 intake manifold and headers?and does anyone know what the advantage of running the 351 heads is?

·
Registered
386 Posts
351 gt40 style heads? Never heard of them. GT40 heads will fit any SBF and you can bolt any intake on top of them. They came stock on 94/95 cobra's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking they must be the heads from the 93 lightning he said it has some arp conversion to use them it doesnt really make sense to me

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
the holes for a 351 heads are larger than a 302 so he either used a bushing kit so you use the 302 headbolts or maybe drilled and tapped the block for larger bolts?the first option is way easier

·
Registered
698 Posts
351s have 1/2" head bolts while 5.0s (302) use 7/16". Tee shaped hat washers are the norm for this issue and are common enough. Are you certain they are GT40 heads? Intake manifold should pose no problems but there may be a header issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts