Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if another thread has already answered this question but my question is this, I recently flashed my cars ecu with a bama tune for I just installed some bbk long tube headers with a catted x pipe. I am wondering if the MAF sensor still works and if the aeroforce gauges I am having shipped will be able to read the sensors or if the bama tune has turned this off?

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
What kind of gauge? Wideband? Narrow band?
And did you request to have them turn the o2 sensors off?

03cristian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AeroForce Dual Interceptor gauge, wide band and I didn't not request to have the 02 sensor turned off, but the tuner I got from American Muscle says they turn it off so the check engine light does not come on, But i don't know if that is just for the off road x pipe or if that also includes the catted one.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I apologize if another thread has already answered this question but my question is this, I recently flashed my cars ecu with a bama tune for I just installed some bbk long tube headers with a catted x pipe. I am wondering if the MAF sensor still works and if the aeroforce gauges I am having shipped will be able to read the sensors or if the bama tune has turned this off?

Silver,

MAF- your Mass Air Flow sensor will always be turned on, with anyone's custom tune. Your PCM relies on the MAF sensor to decide what parameters in its software to use. So, yes, your MAF sensor is still turned on.

AeroForce- this gauge will still be able to work as well. Since it uses the same OBDII port to read your factory sensors, it just has to be unplugged when you're switching tunes. Other than that, you can can keep in the AeroForce plugged in at all times.

Rear O2 sensors- Unless you requested them to be left on, they are turned off. We do this for all aftermarket Mid-pipes, unless the customer requests the rear O2's to be turned on because they have high-flow cats. Having the rear O2's turned off will only be a problem if you have to pass emissions in your county. If that's the case- give Bama a call and they'll write you a new tune with the rear O2's turned on.

Hope this clears things up for you. Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions!

Shane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts