Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i talked to stanghi and i was pretty set on getting the spr stage 2 comp cam! he said i shouldnt do it with out changing the heads and i shouldnt change the heads without building the block! so he talking me into buying the stage 2 nsr blower grind cam but i been lookin on youtube and you cant even hear the cams in the car! i think the lsa is like 116.5! is there a custom grind cam that or some other cam that will work the same but possibly have more lope to it! im not ready to build the whole motor yet!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Who the hell is SPR? I don't know what that retard was telling you. It sounds like they were just trying to tell you that You should blow the next 5 years pay check on his comission.

The truth is, if you are running N/A, you may need to cutt reliefs into your pistons. And if there is enough lift and slope, you may want new springs and guides. But the truth is, depending on the cam, you will need little more than the springs. Some cams need more spring just because they are higher lift and duration. If you don't upgrade the springs you can end up with float in the valves, which can lead to Piston to Valve issues.

Bottom line, Unless they state explicitly that you need new springs and or guides and reliefs, you should be fine. Of Course, I have never heard of anyone having issues with Comp Cams or one of the big name cam companies.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
you dont need your heads done for those cams, and you dont need to build the block to get heads.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You still may need to make sure you have enough clearance for whatever cams you are getting. But in general, if they don't require new springs they probably won't be an issue. Which kind of leads me to ask, why are you getting such a tame cam?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
^ i think your a lil confused...the cams he wants require new springs and phasers, but the cams his shop recommended him dibt require anything.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
AHHHHH. You are right, I was confused. Tell your shop to shove thier ideas up their ass cause they are stupid.

You need to make sure you have enough clearance for any cam worth doing. Stage 1's generally don't have any issues, but you should always check to be sure.

just listen to leebunnyz... and thanks for not flaming me for not paying attention :eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
i think he wants more lope too, someone can grind him one with more space between lobe centers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts