Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well im still new to this forum and im sure cams have been covered a whole lot but i looked and looked and didnt find what i needed. I saw a write up on the installation, props to whom did that cause those are good. but the question is i have a p1sc installed but not looking to go crazy but still love the sound of a decent cam. so would the stage 1 comp cams be alright and decently priced. also if i only go that route would i have to change the springs and retainers or can i use the existing ones? also all the internals are stock.

Also just a random question but is the FRPP intake manifold good at all? or is there another decently priced one that is good? any help would be greatful on this.

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
The stage 1 Comp cams will sound like stock. You can use you stock springs with the Stage 1 NSR 127050 cams. You need to upgrade the springs for the Stage 1 VSR 127100 cams. The FRPP intake is the least expensive intake made for the 3V. It will show some gain. I have the C&L intake manifold on my car. I gained only 20whp at 20+ lbs of boost and it cost $750.00.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so going to a stage 2 cam will be more benificial? also what can these blocks hold before bottom end and internals need to be done? yea i saw the C&L as well and i do like that one better also even the way it looks, but is the extra 200 bucks worth it?

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
so going to a stage 2 cam will be more benificial? also what can these blocks hold before bottom end and internals need to be done? yea i saw the C&L as well and i do like that one better also even the way it looks, but is the extra 200 bucks worth it?
I made 569/489 on the stock short block with a D1SC, 14lbs of boost, 60lb injectors, Mafia, LT headers, and FRPP Hot Rod cams. My tune was 12.0 A/F and 16 degrees on timing on 91 octane. I raced the car every weekend for a a year and had no issues. With this same setup but with a P1SC at 12lbs of boost, you would be right around 500whp. The prochargers make less boost and torque under the curve than the twinscrews. Because of this, you can get away with more peak HP with a centri than a TS. Others will say that I'm wrong and that's OK. However, IMHO, it's the big boost and load at mid RPM that breaks rods. A centri will only see peak boost at the shift point. A TS will see peak boost from the hit of the throttle until the shift point.

Even though the Hot Rod cams are ground with a tight 110 degree lobe seperation, they make good power in centri setups. And on top of that, they sound bad ass and you can use your stock valve springs.

At boost under 20lbs, the C&L is not worth the extra $200.00 over the FRPP intake .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about these Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharged Mustang GT 2005-2010? are they worth the money since it states "they do not require phaser limiters and do not require aftermarket valve springs".

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
for the cam sound i would absolutely get the rocker cams for a sc'er. true about the frpp intake, but were it me i would pay the extra money for the jpc intake.

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
what about these Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharged Mustang GT 2005-2010? are they worth the money since it states "they do not require phaser limiters and do not require aftermarket valve springs".
Nothing wrong with those. I would bet you would see around 25-30whp over stock cams.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for the cam sound i would absolutely get the rocker cams for a sc'er. true about the frpp intake, but were it me i would pay the extra money for the jpc intake.
i looked at the jpc intake mani and F me that crap is expensive 1200 dollars?!? and thats on sale. i think ill pass on that one. i dont have that kinda cash just laying around. being lower enlisted in the air force isnt exactly the best money.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
ha no joke. have fun in the winter with your car. hope you have something else for a DD when there is snow on the ground. at least they don't use salt in the springs

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you want an idea of what the hot rods sound like:

From what I've seen, the detroit rockers will give you a similar sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts