Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i turn my heater or ac on my battery meter always goes down to almost passed the 8 when im at a complete stop and when i push the gas a bit the meter goes back 2 normal then drops back down when the rpm goes back down to 1000 and when im at a complete stop the rmp goes up and down from 1000 to 1500 like if i was pushing gas a bit y do u think this does that

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
go get ur alternator tested dude i got 10 bucks sasys thats the problem

·
Registered
641 Posts
^^ agreed.. sounds like a faulty regulator..

·
Registered
641 Posts
hmm.. blower motor may be taking a crap.. drawing excessive amperage.. like if it gets bound up. Ive gotten brand new alternators out of the box from Ford that were junk.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Let me tell you about Autozone electrics.

I have a 98 lincoln as my daily. I've exchanged the reman alternator I bought from AZ atleast 4 times this year alone. The firstr one lasted a year. then sometimes i'd get a day or two from them before they went out.

AZ always tested then exchanged happily BUT when it goes out in the middle of a sales day it makes for a mess.

Someone told me that AZ Only replaces the defective part or parts in their reman's. I believe it now..

If I hadn't spent the initial 198.00 Id go somewhere else. To add more i replaced a stoplight switch this spring, and it too went bad this last weekend and couldnt get the car out of park. I bought the replacement from advance...cost me 50 cents more....

NO MORE AZ ELECTRICS FOR ME !

take the alt off and test at AZ, maybe you'll get a good replacement, but dont count on it.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Looks like you already have the answers you were looking for,GL with finding the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts