Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have the BMR LCA's, relocation brackets, Adj. UCA and mount. Would it give me better 60 foots if I bolted the LCA's to the lowest hole on the relocation brackets? They are currently bolted into the top holes. Would it give me bad ride quality if I did bolt them into the lower holes?

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Are you getting any wheel hop now?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there is two holes and I am in the top one on the relocation brackets, but I know I am used to being wrong. LOL Kenneth, is that the new pic from the track on Wednesday night when I finally made it in the 12's. Look at this ****, I am hijacking my own thread. Oh well, everybody else does it too me. LMFAO

·
Registered
488 Posts
+1^ Well said. Only way your going to find out it to give it a try. Let us know how it works for you.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Start out with the lca almost level, meaning a tad lower in the back.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I think there is two holes and I am in the top one on the relocation brackets, but I know I am used to being wrong. LOL Kenneth, is that the new pic from the track on Wednesday night when I finally made it in the 12's. Look at this ****, I am hijacking my own thread. Oh well, everybody else does it too me. LMFAO

Yep, pics from the track, it was time for a change.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like the front tires are about to hover!!!

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
There is two holes top and a bottom. In theory the bottom hole should help you hook better. Its not always the case, every car has its own nuances. You cant find out on here, only at the race track with a wrench.

Yes the bottom hole will hurt ride quality to an extent. It will make the car bounce more on bumps.
+1^ Well said. Only way your going to find out it to give it a try. Let us know how it works for you.
Start with whatever hole makes the LCA's parallel to the ground when the car is on a level surface. From there, experiment one hole up and one hole down to see what you like best. Most prefer the parallel setting for the best balance between ride, hook, and not too much bounce or hopping under power when the tires are roasting. It is imperative to also have an adjustable Upper 3rd link to make sure your pinion angle is set correctly - if your car is lowered.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Ok, I have the BMR LCA's, relocation brackets, Adj. UCA and mount. Would it give me better 60 foots if I bolted the LCA's to the lowest hole on the relocation brackets? They are currently bolted into the top holes. Would it give me bad ride quality if I did bolt them into the lower holes?
Hello, thank you for using BMR products.:) Put the upper control arm in the lowest hole. (closest to the ground). Usually the second hole from the bottom is the best hole for all around performance. The lowest hole will give you better track performance but makes the car a little skiddish in traffic. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hello, thank you for using BMR products.:) Put the upper control arm in the lowest hole. (closest to the ground). Usually the second hole from the bottom is the best hole for all around performance. The lowest hole will give you better track performance but makes the car a little skiddish in traffic. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.
Thanks for the advise, I'll try it out next track day also.

wait a minute you mentioned the UCA, I believe the OP was talking about the LCA OR was that a typo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts