Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got some pypes high flow cats, and they sound a little tinny as if the thin walled material is vibrating/echoing a tad. I was wondering if this would help eliminate it.... The set of hangers nearest the cats aren't there. The o/r H that the cats were welded into didn't have em. Would welding a pair of hangers to the midpipe there and hanging them from the rubber hanger brackets kill the vibration in that spot enough to maybe eliminate the faint tinny sound or do you think that since the rubber hanger mounts are made for the exhaust to be able to move and shake it wouldn't make a difference? I don't weld so I'd hate to take it somewhere and pay someone to install hangers there and have it make no difference.

Thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody??

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
How new are they, they will sound better over time.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How new are they, they will sound better over time.
They are brand new cats welded onto an older o/r h. I know axlebacks break in and sound better over time but I didn't know that to be the case with HF cats but it makes sense. I hope you're right and the hollow tinny sound goes away over time.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure any way you can eliminate the vibration will help. If you have a drone sound then no.
Are you saying that adding hangers will increase drone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts