Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear MT/Drags on my Weld racing wheels have the beads screwed to the wheels and the tires lose all of the air pressure after a few days, which im guessing to be around the screws. Has anyone done this before? If so, how did you seal off the screws to prevent air leaks? No, I didn't do this. One of the previous owners had problems with the tires spinning inside the wheels and done this. Thanks!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I hope the screws and flat on the ends if you're going to use tubes or you'll just puncture the tube. Screw lenght is critical. you could try either RTV on each screw thread as you put them in ( make sure the tire is inflated fully to keep it tight to the rim while doing this), or possibly some of that fix a flat snot stuff. If you do that you need to run the tires to spread it around or it won't get to all the screws and potential leaks.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Take each screw out one at a time and put blak rtv on them.

Also on one of my tires itll loose air under 14 psi in a matter of a day, but pump it up to 25 for driving on the street and it doesn't loose any air. Sucks cause after the races each time I pull the car into the trailer and forget to pump it up. And I have to full my air tank up to get the car out of the trailer.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope the screws and flat on the ends if you're going to use tubes or you'll just puncture the tube. Screw lenght is critical. you could try either RTV on each screw thread as you put them in ( make sure the tire is inflated fully to keep it tight to the rim while doing this), or possibly some of that fix a flat snot stuff. If you do that you need to run the tires to spread it around or it won't get to all the screws and potential leaks.
If I was to use tubes the screws would be removed. I'm just gonna do the RTV thing though. Thanks!

Take each screw out one at a time and put blak rtv on them.

Also on one of my tires itll loose air under 14 psi in a matter of a day, but pump it up to 25 for driving on the street and it doesn't loose any air. Sucks cause after the races each time I pull the car into the trailer and forget to pump it up. And I have to full my air tank up to get the car out of the trailer.
Thanks a lot Matt! Everyone has been repped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts