Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So currently i'm running hooker Lt's into a prochamber midpipe and then into flowmaster 40's dumped. The car has vt stage 3 cams. The car sounds great and has a low lobey rumble but I was thinking about trying somthing a bit different. Is there and O/R x-pipe that is made for longtubes? would that give my car a bit more of an aggressive sound? Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
242 Posts
How does the prochamber fit with the hooker lts? I have the hooker o/r x-pipe with my hookers, and flowmaster 40's and it gets kind of annoying when you get on it. Pretty raspy, but decent loudness.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fitment is great, but I bought the car with the exhaust on it so im not sure if it was custom made. Reason I say this is because the entire exhasut from the prochamber to the mufflers dumped is completly welded as one solid peice.

Another thing if o/r xpipes are available with longtubes then where can i buy one? I think an x-pipe will really bring out the sound of my cams.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well when I bought my lts I wanted a o/r H, but was told that I could only use an x with them. I can't remember exactly where I got mine from. Just search for the type of headers you have, and they should have the part number for the x-pipe.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the end of my Hooker lt's has a triangle flange with a gasket for each... The x-pipe I see online for longtubes have the "pinch flanges" if that makes since, so it wouldnt work with my LT's

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Hookers don't come with 3 bolt flanges, they have slip fit flanges, so either you don't have Hooker headers, or someone modified them, and you'll just have to buy an X and have it fabricated.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Must be modified then because they say hooker across them lol. Damn i didnt want to have to have this **** custom made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts