Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just recently bought a ZEX nitrous kit for my car (direct port)...I will be running a 100 shot on it and no more and will be getting a dyno tune for it because I dont know how much I would trust a mail order nitrous tune...will my stock plugs with stock gap work good or will I need to get some HTO plugs or will I need to re-gap the stock plugs??? any help will be greatly appreciated

Lance

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Autolite HTOs gapped at .035".

The Brisks are made with a Silver electrode which does in theory work better but it is designed to actually melt and I've heard of a lot of guys burning them up rather quickly with nitrous.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Autolite HTOs gapped at .030".

The Brisks are made with a Silver electrode which does in theory work better but it is designed to actually melt and I've heard of a lot of guys burning them up rather quickly with nitrous.
thanks for the info nasty...with the HTOs gapped at .030" will that be ok to drive when Im not on the nitrous tune?!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Autolite HTOs gapped at .030".

even without nitrous a few have been burning them up.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
I run the gap they came with (autolites hto's) .35 just check and make sure they are all the same...once i got my tune dialed in I stopped popping plugs...I still keep 8 in the glove box with the tools required to change a plug on the side of the road.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It'll be good to go. Just like everyone said, nitrous tends to eat plugs which sucks when plugs are ~$80-90 a set.
Yeah, I know. I've been partial to the Autolites since they are pretty bulletproof.
and they are cheaper :)

I run the gap they came with (autolites hto's) .35 just check and make sure they are all the same...once i got my tune dialed in I stopped popping plugs...I still keep 8 in the glove box with the tools required to change a plug on the side of the road.
thanks a lot man!! i guess I will be getting some HTOs

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ran HTOs when I used 125 shot..........I ran stock plugs/stock gap on a 100 shot MANY times with no issues. I did however have issues on a 125 shot haha
I wont be going any more than a 100 shot but wanna be safe...what kinda power should I expect with the 100 shot with mods in sig?!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I wont be going any more than a 100 shot but wanna be safe...what kinda power should I expect with the 100 shot with mods in sig?!
Depends on the brand kit you are running. Somewhere around 100 more HP lol..........A little lower than that with a zex kit.........You will see caboodles of torque though with any nitrous hit....its addicting.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah I'm just shy of a week away from having my NX kit installed and on the dyno. 100 shot with a custom built cold air intake and predator 93 performance tune. I should be hitting 380-390 RWHP. All that's on my 05 is an offroad x pipe into magnaflow magnapacks then the cold air intake and 100 shot. I've seen the same mods done to an 06 and he made 387 RWHP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.