Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im about to order some new rims and tires..just wondering if a 295/35/18 would be fine on the back and a 255/40/18 would be good on the front? and if it would look right? im looking at the hyperblack tsw thruxton deep dish rims

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks good on my 96. 295/35/18 rear and 275/35/18 front on 2000 Cobra Rs... 255s may be a little funny looking due to the height difference from the rear. Is your car lowered? If so, it may look OK. Stock height may look funny! Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its lowered..im just worried about the 35 on the back and the 40 on the front if it would look goofy or anything..im trying to get a picture on here but i cant figure it out..lol

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Yea it will look real good, and fill the gaps nicely

·
Registered
360 Posts
i don't know about that...a civic with the big ass slick in the front and the skinny in the back comes to mind.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
oops I didnt see the different sidewall sizes. Thats the combo I run but I got 18s in ther rear and 17s up front so I can get away with it. Id try to match them up, theres gotta be a 255/30r18 out there

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
255 on the front is too small imo...just go to 275 all four or put 305 on the back.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Under some crazy driving, my 255's have rubbed my sway bar.

·
Registered
25 Posts
35 series, when your above a 255 width, is about the same actual height as a 40..you wont even notice..

what is the rim width on the rear?

im not a fan of anything bigger than 255 on the front, follows the road too much for my taste..im running 275's and i dont care for the feel, looks good tho.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right now im running 275/40/17's all the way around and i just want the wide tires in the back and skinnier up front look but still keeping it streetable...so any suggestions on the tire sizes? im going 18's all the way around just not sure on the sidewalls..thnx for the comments so far

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm running 9x17 up front with a 245/35 and a 10.5x17 rear with 285/30 and I think it looks awesome.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
do none of you guys not understand that the second number in a tire size IS NOT the sidewall height? its on a ratio indictation that the sidewell height is that percent of the tire width.

and to the OP, what size rims are they?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I knew that. I made sure mine was 35in front and 30 in back because the 30 in front was going to look strange vs. the front.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
do none of you guys not understand that the second number in a tire size IS NOT the sidewall height? its on a ratio indictation that the sidewell height is that percent of the tire width.

and to the OP, what size rims are they?
+1 he said he was going to run 255/40/18 on front and 295/35/18. Which means the rear tire is actually .1" taller then the front tire.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
I knew that. I made sure mine was 35in front and 30 in back because the 30 in front was going to look strange vs. the front.
that still doesnt matter, it has to do with how wide the tire is, and then rim size. the sidewall profile number is ONLY a ratio. a 275/30/18 and 295/30/18 are nowhere near the same widewall profile, 295/30 will have a larger sidewall.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
+1 he said he was going to run 255/40/18 on front and 295/35/18. Which means the rear tire is actually .1" taller then the front tire.
there are alot of other people here that still dont realize what the tire numbers mean though, and it makes for even more misinformation around this site, people shouldnt be allowed to give out advice if they dont know wtf they're talking about.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Exactly!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well i understand your point of view and frustration, i myself have seen rediculous questions here, but still have tried to help my fellow members. Most of us here are not mechanics or mustang experts. Believe it or not some do not even know how to use a rachet. Everybody learns from this website, whether by somebody's else or their own mistakes. Some receive their knowledge from other sources, now it might be totally wrong, but that's all what they know. Yes this is ignorant, but not stupid. My point is that, yes, you will see more rediculous questions, and will see wrong advice given, that is inevitable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
245/40/18 or 275/35/18 in the front.

285/35/18 or 295/35/18 in the rear.

I am using 245/40/18 and 285/35/18 Nitto 555s and it look good. Check out my website to see pics. The pics are right after the spring install, so it hadn't settled yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts