Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently putting my 89coupe together and I was wondering if anybody could answer my question. My brother gave me a short throw shifter from an 01 Bullit with the 3650 tremec. Will this shifter work on the T-5? It fits well but could it cause damage? It seems to make more noise when shifting.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
No it wont work. You need a T-5 shifter lol. I think the shaft is longer or shorter on it but im not sure

They wouldnt make a shifter only made for a T-5 if the 3650 shifter worked too ;)

If you want to know what brand you should buy I can give you my opinion. I have a Hurst and I love it I know people with the Steeda Tri Ax and they love that. Ive also heard good things about the pro 50 but the handle is so short on it if your over 6 foot tall its a reach

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I got a pro 5.0 shifter and I installed a 1/4 inch plate to set the shifter back 2 inches.
I drove many mustangs with all different shifters and I recommend the MGW

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
im pretty sure mine is a pro 5.0 just goin by looks because it was on the car when i got it.......but it vibrates and high rpms and i have heard of other people with the same problem

·
Registered
301 Posts
im pretty sure mine is a pro 5.0 just goin by looks because it was on the car when i got it.......but it vibrates and high rpms and i have heard of other people with the same problem
u-joints. =)

·
Registered
146 Posts
a coworker has a hurst and says he like the way it shifts, but the angle of the shifer lever drives him nuts.
I have an MGW. I love it. Very good quality.
Mustang Accessories
Highly recomend it. But most seem to be pretty good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ok so someone was saying that there shifter vibrates at high rpms and someoneelse said u-joints. so what Im getting at is my shifter vibrates at high rpms and I dont know what U-joints are lol.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i dont really think mine is from u joints

·
Registered
103 Posts
so back to why the shifter vibrates at high rpms lol

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
im not sure.....but i have heard of other people with the pro 5.0 vibrating.....id go hurst or mgw i guess

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont really wanna get rid of my steeda like that. is there any way to fix it?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
oh are you haveing that problem also......with the steeda shifter?

·
Registered
103 Posts
ya, there is also a loud rattle that I cant tell where its comming from but when i hold the shifter it seems to quiet down

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah thats about the same way mine is........who knows maybe it is the u-joints goin out......those would be the u-joints on the drive shaft.....i would think if those are bad my driveshaft would have flown out because i have hit some high speeds in my car since it has had this problem.....plus i think i have a motor or transmission mount that is broke because when i accelerate hard the transmission shifts to the right pretty hardcore

·
Registered
103 Posts
hmmm mine doesnt shift to the right, but the rattling does bother me a lot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts