Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into 4 exhaust systems but want to narrow it down to 2 units .
3 of the 4 are the SLP exhaust systems.

Thing is i cant narrow it down since im not sure exactly what is different about the 3 unirs posted below other than
-price
-they use different resonators/mufflers

Im wondering what of these 3 will give me the most flow with a nice aggresive sound that is not way crazy loud?

1)SLP Loudmouth Catback

2)SLP Loudmouth II Catback

3)SLP Power-Flo Catback

thanks!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I dont think any of those 3 very much in "flow" the pro flow might be more restrictive than the LM's. Ive heard the LM1s and they are what they are LOUD!! Never heard the pro flow try youtube.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Youtube. Gotta look at youtube and see which sound you like. Dont go by which one flows better. if you dont like the sound then its just going to annoy the **** out of you. go to youtube and type in the exhaust you are looking at with the word mustang after the exhaust or before it and then you should get tons of results. i like LM2 the best out of the SLP setups

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about
SLP Loudmouth II Catback
vs
Pypes 409 Stainless Steel Street-Pro Catback w/ Polished 304 Tips

?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
here is pypes vs slp...

pypes race pro = just a little louder than lm1

pypes violator or "beast" system = same sort of sound but louder than lm2's

pypes street pro = slp powerflow

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is pypes vs slp...

pypes race pro = just a little louder than lm1

pypes violator or "beast" system = same sort of sound but louder than lm2's

pypes street pro = slp powerflow
thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
LM1 with an O/R pipe is nasty loud. LM2 or Proflow. believe the proflow will give you more of a magnaflow/bassani style sound whereas the LM2 will give you a sound more along the lines of the magnapack system.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i have pypes violater and LOVE them...if you want a vid tell me what you want? burnout, take off, flyby let me know

·
Registered
748 Posts
(slightly off topic but nonetheless--surfing SLp's site for myself) and notice that their catbacks are SS304 (stainless steel--the best kind) while their headers are SS409 (a polished satinless steel--not as good as 304)---WTF. why? and their xpipes just say stainless steel. WTF.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
im pretty sure they x pipes are also 409...at least to the best of my knowledge. pypes was the same way, the catback was available in 409 or polished 304 for like $75 more, BUT the x pipe was only availble in the 409...wtf, i saved the 75 and bought the matching 409

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
ive had all SLP mufflers/resonators on my stang with an O/R X...heres how i would rate them in a scale of 1-10 in loudness...10 being the loudest.

SLP Loudmouth - 10+.....rediculously LOUD
SLP Loudmouth 2 - 7-8....overall nice tone
SLP PowerFlos - 6-7...nice and tame cruising, no drone on the expressway like stock, but at WOT they sound wiked.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts