Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a set of maximum motorsports suframe connectors coming in the mail for my 2000 gt vert, I hope to have them installed within a week but I have one concern, the rAight rear spring seems to be sagging, the car sits about an inch lower than the rear left side, my question is will this affect the install of the flsfc? I might just cut a coil of my stock springs and throw those back in there but I have to find the time to first.what do you guys think would be my best choice?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
The install will be fine. What you don't want is anything imparting flex into the chassis when you do the install, such as jacking up one side of the car. If it's resting on it's suspension, the chassis is as neutral as it's going to get.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The install will be fine. What you don't want is anything imparting flex into the chassis when you do the install, such as jacking up one side of the car. If it's resting on it's suspension, the chassis is as neutral as it's going to get.
Oh okay. That makes sense, thanks man!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Except in his case he is saying one side is lower than the other so I would guess soemthing isn't right with the suspension. When I did mine I supported the car level on jack stands and welded the subframes in with the suspension unloaded. I'd figure why the rear suspension is lopsided before doing anything.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Except in his case he is saying one side is lower than the other so I would guess soemthing isn't right with the suspension. When I did mine I supported the car level on jack stands and welded the subframes in with the suspension unloaded. I'd figure why the rear suspension is lopsided before doing anything.
I agree with this guy. If the suspension is sagging that means, naturally, more weight is on one side than the other

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts