Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum, and have a question regarding Vortech superchargers. I have a 95 5.0 which is fairly modded. I have an opportunity to buy a used Vortech S trim kit for a 1998 at a very good price. It comes complete with aftercooler. My question is, how much would I need to replace in order to make this kit work for my car? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
:welcome

Dunno the answer, but I'll bump the thread for you.

·
Registered
780 Posts
it wont fit yours, 95 had 5.0, and in 98 had 4.6 complete diff motor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I realize that they are different motors, I was wondering how much of the kit is common between the years. In other words, if it's just the mounting bracket that's different, I can buy that directly from Vortech and still save a ton of money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You could probably call vortech and they will tell you what you would need to convert it

·
Resident Headbanger
2,428 Posts
The mod motor is different enough to warrant a completely different supercharger kit for that application so I expect that you'd need to replace the whole shebang to make it work on your 5.0. Let's see what Vortech have to say about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The mod motor is different enough to warrant a completely different supercharger kit for that application so I expect that you'd need to replace the whole shebang to make it work on your 5.0. Let's see what Vortech have to say about it.

That's what I was afraid of. I'll just hold off, and keep looking for a used 94/95 kit. Thanks for the info, it will save me a lot of headaches.

·
Registered
573 Posts
you should be able to do it, as long as the inlet/outlets are close/ same location, same supercharger thats on my car, 3.33'' pulley with 42 1/2'' belt makes 8lb boost

not sure on the bracket tho, i could do some searching

you might need a different balancer and a crank pulley for the supercharger itself

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you should be able to do it, as long as the inlet/outlets are close/ same location, same supercharger thats on my car, 3.33'' pulley with 42 1/2'' belt makes 8lb boost

not sure on the bracket tho, i could do some searching

you might need a different balancer and a crank pulley for the supercharger itself
Well, I have been told that nothing will work, and that the mod motor supercharger spins in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wonder if even though it spun the same way, you could swap out with a foxbody throttlebody?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are mounted on opposite side of the belt, not sure if they spin the opposite way, however the intake, outlet areas are completely different

Yeah, it looks like it would be a huge undertaking. I'll just keep looking for a reasonably priced used one for my model. Thanks for the input, and the pictures help as a comparison.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts