Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I tilt my steering wheel to adjust to my height my drivers side turn signal act weird. It does come on in the front and it doesn't come on and the one on the tail light goes really fast. I don't even get an indicator on the dash when I'm turning. What could this be?

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Can you better describe it? Your post is a bit confusing. First thing to do is put the hazards on and check that all your bulbs are working.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Pull your strong column shrouds of and inspect your wiring harness. It's probably rubbed through and shorting out or may possibly have a broken wire in the harness.
^+1, tilting the wheel has no effect on the multi-function switch's operation--I would suspect a loose connector or damaged wiring as suggested by justAbullitt...

·
Registered
76 Posts
It sounds like you have the same problem i had. If i had the steering wheel tilted anywhere below the highest it can go, the drivers side turn signal would act up. I had to tilt it all the way up for it to work lol. I replaced the switch and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you better describe it? Your post is a bit confusing. First thing to do is put the hazards on and check that all your bulbs are working.
Sorry I was sleepy when I posted this lol

So when I tilt my steering wheel to adjust to my height my drivers side turn signal act weird. It doesnt come on in the front and the one on the tail light goes really fast. I don't even get an indicator on the dash for that signal when I turn on hazards or use that blinker. What could this be?

It sounds like you have the same problem i had. If i had the steering wheel tilted anywhere below the highest it can go, the drivers side turn signal would act up. I had to tilt it all the way up for it to work lol. I replaced the switch and it fixed the problem.
Which switch did you replace?

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Try tapping the top of the column and see if it does it then, if so, its likely the turn signal switch or the wiring to it. I'd still check all the bulbs first though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I replaced the whole turn signal switch. I ordered mine from Napa.

Looks like this:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts