Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of 18x10 bullits for my gt and when i opened them there were some extra wheels weights in the boxes. I had the tires mounted and balanced so i dont know if they are suppose to be on there or not, I wouldnt think they just fall off but who knows. Im goin to get them rebalanced but Ive been ridin on the dounut for like 10 days know and wanna get it off. So i wanna put them on and get them rebalanced saturday. Can I tell if they are out of balance once on the car? What if any damage can occur wit unbalanced wheels?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you got them balanced when the tires were mounted, you should be done. Don't know if anyone does the tire balance while on the vehicle. Years ago there was a shop in San Antonio, Tx that balanced on the car. Any reputable tire shop can high speed balance your wheels/tires, but not on the vehicle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah you will be able to tell, the tires will vibrate the faster you go the harder the vibration. I am not sure about the damage to your suspension, I would wait a couple more days, but if you can't, I don't think it would do too much damage for a couple of days. just call a tire shop and ask.

·
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill have them removed and rebalance i just dont like drivin on the dounut but if its worse drivin with unbalanced tires then ill leave it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
get the donut off, If you have been riding with it on the rear for a while then you stand a chance for it to screw your rear diff to hell and back. The donut will turn a lot faster than the other normal sized tire and it will give ya different axle speeds inside the diff. Just something to think about. I wouldnt ride on it any longer myself. Balancing a tire should only cost a few bucks.

·
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the dounuts on the front and i know balancing only costs a few bucks but i cant get to the shop before it closes after work so i have to wait til saturday. No ones said anythin bad bout riding with an un balanced tire other than some vibrations, so its safe to assume nothin will be damage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts