Modded Mustang Forums banner

Question concerning exhaust

413 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  00redgt 
#1 ·
Hey guys today Im going to go buy a used UPR o/r x pipe mid pipe for the Stang and I wanted to ask a question. Before I put the new midpipe on I wanted to drive just with the headers on the motor to hear it, because a buddy did it to his 1995 5.0 Mustang and it sounds wicked, although I do realize mine will probably not sound that good I just want to hear it just cause... I know the cel will come on bc the cats arent going to be on the car and the rear o2 sensor will be confused... My concern is, will the car computer make the engine run like crap because its not getting the information about the exhaust like it does when the stock midpipe is on?

Thanks for the help guys!:usa

#2 ·
So you want to run your car without the midpipe to see how it sounds and you're wondering if it'll run like crap that way? Do you have long tubes or stock manifolds? If you're running stock manifolds (or shorty headers), you'll have no O2 sensors as they're all in the midpipe. If you're running longtubes, you should be okay (aside from the CEL) since the upstream sensors are in the header collector...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.