Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to get alot out of my car, but right now im wanting to mabe to do some head work and what not and mabe push past the 2v magical 450 thing. Heres the question how well do your rods hold up and how much is it to pick up a set?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
The 03/04 rods will handle 600+ HP.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
It is cheaper to buy aftermarket Forged H-beams than to buy "SVT" rods. You can get rods and pitons for what Ford is asking for termi rods. However if you can find a set cheap they hold well into the 800+ range. Just the same though, just about any good forged H-beam will hold that much.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I've ran across a few sets of 03/04 rods from $200-250 used. Sometimes you can get a steal on them. But like doc said if you can't find any then almost any forged H-beam will do ya fine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k thanks guys, **** ford why the hell would that put a powdered rod in the 2vs i do not know.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because over 99% of GTs will never be pushed to the point where the powdered rod will fail, and they're significantly cheaper than forged rods.
LOL well im on the road for 550-600 hp so im in the 1% margin.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i know your in va. but there is a guy selling a set of forged termi rods here for 300 in houston but its craigslist so you could prolly get them for about 250-300 shipped to you. i went and looked at them when i was just gonna rebuild mine but went the full swap instead,he prolly still has them if your interested i could help out with anything you needed as far as a contact down here?

if you want some help just let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts