Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I started the install of my rear suspension components this weekend. I got most of the old stuff ripped out and got started installing the torque box reinforcements Friday night and then didn't get to work on it anymore this weekend, but I do have a few questions.

First, I ran a couple of long threaded rods through the stock LCA bolt holes and then through the new LCA bolt holes to get the correct length. It appears that even when adjusted as short as they'll go they're still just barely longer than the stock LCAs (maybe 1/4" at most). Has anyone else experienced that? These are single-adjustables with spring perches.

Second, I'm kind of confused about where I'm supposed to mount the support brackets for the UCAs. The following image is from Baseline's website. I've found the hole that's in the picture (I think), but my car has a thick U-shaped brace looking thing that is bolted in there that runs underneath the pumpkin. What purpose does that serve and do I have to take it off to install the UCAs?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that bracket is a vibration damper to help with NVH. from the pictures, it looks like you'll have to remove those to install that bracket.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Reps for you, sir.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm assuming you're talking about the "dog bone" looking chunk of iron?
Not quite sure what you mean by that, but yes it is a large chunk of iron. Now, that you mention it, the instructions do mention "the hole where the damper bolts on". I just didn't know what that was.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yea, the dog bone is simply a heavy piece of metal there to help dampen vibrations and such from the rear. Nobody misses their dog bones after they're off so no need to worry about that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts