Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I had bought a fender squier but i hated it and took it back. I used that money to buy a line 6 spider III amp but i'm still playin on this crappy first act electrick guitar.

So i'm thinking about buying an electric guitar in the $500 - $650 range. I'm really thinking about getting the epiphone les paul standard but wanted to know if anyone here had any other suggestions.

Lookin to play things like AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, etc.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Definitely go with either a Fender Strat, Laguna, Ibanez, or Schecter. They'll increase your guitar playing ablilities by roughly 12.5%

·
Senor Pointy Boots
3,922 Posts
Fender strats and Ibanez are nice IMO

I don't play guitar but when I used to play drums with my friend who plays guitar, he seemed to prefer those two than his crappy yamaha guitar. lol.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Being a Gibson player, I will say that the feel of a Les Paul is fantastic and only REALLY high end guitars come close.

The only guitar that I've played that felt better to me was a PRS Custom 22 Quilt Top which was a $3,000 guitar.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Being a Gibson player, I will say that the feel of a Les Paul is fantastic and only REALLY high end guitars come close.

The only guitar that I've played that felt better to me was a PRS Custom 22 Quilt Top which was a $3,000 guitar.
An authentic Les Paul will be sort of hard to find in that price range.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol yeah a gibson les paul is way out of my price range. The epiphone les pauls are supose to be pretty good though i hear.

·
Registered
685 Posts
buy rg1570 its the one i have trust me you will love it if not that one at least it should an rg best ibanez ever

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
dude ibanez guitars sound amazing

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bought a tex-mex fat strat many years ago(~$450) and "upgraded' over time... a really kickin' blues machine at this point! :pimp

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
dude ibanez guitars sound amazing
I've never played an Ibanez electric but my acoustic-electric sounds fantastic when plugged in. And nice new sig Bob, looks good bro.

Personally if I were to get a $600 (or thereabouts) electric, I'd get a Fender Stratocaster (made in the US! not Japan or Mexico). I've played many and they all are worth the money.

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
I had a bunch of guitars (One Fender Strat and the rest were Ibanez) and kept the Ibanez Jem 7VWH. IMO it's one of the best out there. Odds are you'll go through a few before you settle on one you really like.

Your best bet would be to hit up a guitar shop and test a few of 'em out. You'll find a lot of differences... for example you might have really small hands like a midget, so a Gibson might not be the best option as the necks are the same thickness as a redwood tree compared to an Ibanez Wizard neck.

Here's my Jem:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah i go to guitar center once a week and i've tried out the epiphone les paul, the epiphone SG (which i really liked too), and a fender squier. So I think next week i'm going to try out a few ibenez and maybe a fender strat. I've got a month or so before i get my tax money back anyway so i've got time to try out a lot

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Yeah I live at GuitarCenter. I love ripping on the Robots they have there. Friggin nuts how they work!

As far as strats go, I'd love to spend the $ to get a Stevie Ray Vaughn edition like my lead guitarist has, but alas if I had the money I'd probably get a forced induction system.

Ibanez = best bang for the buck, in the guitar realm that is.

My Shopping List:
U.S. Fender Telecaster w/humbuckers
Descent Marshall Halfstack
Good music recording software
Twin Turbos, lol

And not in that order necessarily.

·
Registered
142 Posts
personal opinion i have a jackson js30 rr, now this sounds great with all types of effects, light weight an easy to use. only draw back is it is not balanced on a strap. besides that they are top quality matireal

1 - 20 of 32 Posts