Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have been in love with mustangs for quite some time now and i finally had the dream come true last march, long story short....i know a few things here and there and have upgraded my mustang slightly since i bought it.

when i bought it it had about 92,000 miles on it

its 2000 GT Coupe
so far i have just
-rebuilt the tranny
-put 3.73 gears in place of the stock
-new clutch
-it had a catback borla when i bought it
-also had been lowered i believe
-i also put on a Mac H pipe w/o cats
-and finally i had bought i diablosport predator tuner (have already set the the diablo tune up)

it now after almost a year has almost 101,000 miles on it and there is one thing that i really want to do...take care of the engine and do something about all that mileage.

that is where i am lost and would appreciate greatly some help on what i can/should do

thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
welcome to MM :D

- Spark Plugs
- Fuel Filter
- Flush Radiator
- Might look into a fuel system treatment
- Synthetic Oil
- Wouldnt hurt to check the brake pads and rotors to see how far you are from replacing them

That is a good start :yes

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
welcome to MM. Im not an expert but I def agree that you have to check all the filters, plugs, radiator and treat the motor. Dont want it all to go to waste if you lose the motor due to basic maint.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for the most part im very good friends with the mechanic down the street from my house, has been helpin me out for a couple years now.

i have always brought the car to him since i bought it and i have had him check it thoroughly on more than one occasion. so as far as all the fuids go i think im all set.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
sounds nice, you have any pics? i'd buy a can of seafoam and run it through your engine just to clean all the junk out. and also, synthetic oil is a must.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sadly no lol i never got around to taking any pics after i bought it. the only pic i have is before i bought it from the other owner.

and thanks a lot...so moral of today's story:

use synthetic oil for oil changes :D

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
sadly no lol i never got around to taking any pics after i bought it. the only pic i have is before i bought it from the other owner.

and thanks a lot...so moral of today's story:

use synthetic oil for oil changes :D
have you been using synthetic or conventional? don't take my word on it unless someone else verifies but if im not mistaken, if you've used one kind of oil instead of another (conv. vs. syn. or vice versa), then you don't need to change your decision if past 40k miles or so on the clock because it can cause issues.. if im not mistaken I read this in a thread on here.. ask your mechanic, too. he should know

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tear it down and put a forged bottom end in it.
spoilers** im gonna sound like a complete newb and an idiot

lol but what exactly does that mean in lamens terms. rather ask now than be like...oh yea i know what you mean and then just be lost

as far as the oil goes, im almost 100% sure that its been constant synthetic put into it

·
Registered
360 Posts
well sooner or later you are going to have to rebuild your motor. You might as well put a forge crank, piston and rods, just in case you wany to go over 450 h.p. safely.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
spoilers** im gonna sound like a complete newb and an idiot

lol but what exactly does that mean in lamens terms. rather ask now than be like...oh yea i know what you mean and then just be lost

as far as the oil goes, im almost 100% sure that its been constant synthetic put into it
It means putting a stronger crankshaft, connecting rods, and pistons in your block, so that you will be able to handle the 18 lbs' of boost from the supercharger I'm going to force you to purchase. lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol that much i know :D that you have no need to force me to buy a supercharger lol

you can just tell me and ill bend and conform like...something that bends really really easy lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for all of the sugestions guys. just one last question...anything any of you recommend to buy or add on next, pretty much before anything else?

just look at my first post if you cant remember what has already been done to it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts