Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get some answers so I come to you guys. Hoping some of you already did a few modifications and could weigh in on this. This past weekend I installed the flowmaster 40 series axleback mufflers the guy at the shop said i should get a 7 percent increase in horsepower. I have read on flowmasters site you should get some increase but I hear other people say no only helps with gas miliage. Also, i just purchased the rousch cold air intake without the tune did not want to mess with my computer system just yet. Will i get anything out of this or just improve gas and looks? If any of you can shed some light on this thanks.

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Mufflers alone won't do much, if anything at all. A CAI will net you a little bit more power but I'm not sure about a Roush one. If anything you could've bought a CAI from American Muscle along with a handheld tuner and had free tunes.

Welcome to the forums btw :)!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I got all my stuff at american muscle so far. I looked at all the intakes on their website the Roush seem like the best one without the tune and had great reviews. Im just a little worried about messing with the tuner. I have heard horror stories with the check engine light i dont want to deal with that crap lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts