Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will sound very stupid to most of you but o well.

I know nothing about nitrous, I love the look of it purging tho and I dont want it hooked up to my motor, I dont go to the strip and I do not want to use it on the street and for it being farely inexpensive is it hard to hook up just for purging, the car needs something new and I only like to do my own work, i no it sounds completely stupid to you hardcore's.

so start the comments but I think it will be cool, and is it possible to keep purging a system, I know absolutely nothing about them, and all the parts I dont use will be available to you MM members, thanks.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
i no it sounds completely stupid to you hardcore's.
It sounds stupid, because you are going to show your ass, and then get it handed to you by a modded Civic while you are "on the spray". GTFO and go back to Ricer school.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it wont get handed to me cuz i dont race, its an appearance effect, i could careless if another car is faster than mine, it doesnt phase me at all, people are different about there car's, some want to be the fastest and some want it to look good, was just askin man.

·
Registered
328 Posts
why dont u just get the kit for reals, im sure its mad fun even if ur not racing, and then you dont look like an ass

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cuz i came close enough to killing myself in modded car's im done with racing, im sure it is fun but i dont want it on my motor an i will get a real kit

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, its not like its being ricey or a poser of somesort, ill have a real kit i just wont actually use it. and ac, i woulda thought someone like you could atleast answer if its easy or possible, i mean its a forum to come to for help, its almost more effort to criticize than be smart with what you do and help others who need it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
yes you can continue purging...its meant to release air within the line, and it in turn will emit nitrous behind it. you can buy pruge only kits i believe. zex has a nice machine gun style kite. you will use all the parts, regardless of kit. all that is needed is the solenoid, bottle, lines, mounting kit, light/lights, switch, maybe a relay.

·
Registered
994 Posts
its an appearance effect, i could careless if another car is faster than mine, .
nitrous is not an appearance effect , it's for performance and the only reason ppl will think its cool cause they will think you are fast which would b a lie in turn, means you would be a ricer....

now that i spoke my opinion i will help u b a ricer

dynotunenitrous.com

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I can not hook it up to the motor myself i no that and i do my own work to my car therefore its the most i could do. and your saying if i think a car is fast and its not that means its a ricer. so a v6 mustang with a nice body kit that looks fast tho isnt is a ricer, got it now. i dont want to do it so people think my car is fast thats not the point, people have different perspectives on there mustang, there could be an ugly 9 second mustang or an awesome looking 13 second mustang i would take the 13 second one, see how its different. I thought the point of a forum is to help people out not say sh*t like GTFO and go to ricer school just so you can get people to say x2, +1, or haha x1000. I dont go to mustang meets so i can ask in person how to do sh*t, thats why i come on here.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Dude, just buy a 50 shot. It's not going to make your car crazy fast, you'll get what you want out of it, it will in no way harm your car, and you will have a little bit of fun with it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes and thats what I would initially do but the problems lies with not knowing step 1 on doing so, and i dont want to take my car somewhere so someone else works on my car, i like to say i did this or i did that. its a DD so its all i got, and usually only have a day to do work on it so i cant have my motor ripped apart for weeks like most of you, so i try to do all i can, it takes so much more effort to be a d*ck than to just have a simple answer like prodrifter of sweet2k said, not saying you are rage i really like your idea but i dont think i can do that with the knowledge i dont have on the subject and the time i dont have.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Do what you like. Im not trying to be a punk, just trying to help. If you going to spend the money, you might as well get something out of it. The kits aren't difficult to install and should only take a few hours. Do some research on the install, if you think you can do it, ok, but if not, whatever.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
I have heard of people just running a purge setup for show effects. They make kits with LED lights so the nitrous cloud is red, purple, whatever.

But at ~40bucks a bottle for a nitrous refill I'd have to pass on it.

The funniest thing that I have ever seen is a simulated blow off valve so people can make others thing they have a turbo setup....wow

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rage im not at all saying your trying to be a punk, i agree with everything your saying only if i could do it i wouldnt mind, i definately agree with you saying try and get something out of it. and yea z28 ive seen where someone at night had the red LED, looks badass, and thanks for answering a future question of 40 bucks a bottle, i had no idea of the cost or how long it last's, and yea the turbo thing is rediculus, im not trying to make people think i might have a 200 shot or im so fast, just for effects. just like they make intercooler look a likes that are actually air intakes but made to look like an intercooler and make people think you have a turbo, i dont want people to think im fast. I dont have the time tho like most of you do, so the assholes should realize a persons situation before being a d*ck.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i would get the lines and everything sweet2k said but i would run co2 instead of nitrous get a tank and paint it whatever color you like, itll have the same effect but much cheaper to refill the bottle

1 - 20 of 28 Posts