Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new exhaust system today. ARH LT's w/catted H-pipe. I'm undecided on mufflers at the moment. I assume that to realize the full potential of this system I'll need to adjust A/F ratio and possibly timing? What have you guys done as far as tuning for a new exhaust system goes? Should I richen the mixture since the whole system will be breathing better? I thought I might play around with the adjustments myself instead of paying additional for a dyno tune.

I realize the stock mufflers might be a little restrictive for the new system, but I don't want to get a whole lot louder. This is mostly a weekend and fun car, but I'll occasionally take it on trips, and loud exhaust can get rather tiring after several hours in a car. I want a nice rumble but not an overly loud one. What would you recommend for not so loud yet good flowing mufflers. The exhaust sticky is a valuable asset, but doesn't do much as far as comparing loudness, as recording levels vary.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
For the tune, just get a new one from Brenspeed. A Pypes mid muffler or Borla stinger axle back would sound awesome. Check out stanglifemike's post in the "what's that I hear" thread on the 3rd page. He has an o/r h pipe and borlas. Jucostud has also posted a thread of an o/r h pipe with the Pypes mid muffler.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Redfire, I'd forgotten about those threads already. No short term memory:eek: I was thinking about the Borla Stingers, I'll have to do a little more investigating. Assuming the package arrives next week, I've got a tentative install date set for the 15th, so I've still got a few days to decide.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Both of those sound great. Those mid mufflers give it a 2V sound. I really like em, but the Borlas are a higher quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts