06 Gt
5speed auto
F: 20X9 CS67 R: 20X10 CS67

Mods:
BBK Tuned Shorty Headers
Ford Racing 90mm MAF intake/ford tune
Ford Racing X pipe (still have cats)
Ford Racing "stingers"

Car runs great except I have a friend of mine (might be lurking right now on this forum...FU!) that has basically the same car minus the x pipe and headers....he has JLT with SCT tuner....from Bama.

Every time we go heads up I get him through 1st then 2nd we are even then 3rd hes a fender ahead.

Question

I just ordered Xcal 3 from Doug at bama. How much of an improvement can I expect from the Ford tune versus Dougs? I mean clearly I am not getting the bang for the buck with my mods...but I am curious to see what you all think Doug can do with the Mods I have.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Background

Car:
06 Gt
5speed auto
F: 20X9 CS67 R: 20X10 CS67

Mods:
BBK Tuned Shorty Headers
Ford Racing 90mm MAF intake/ford tune
Ford Racing X pipe (still have cats)
Ford Racing "stingers"

Car runs great except I have a friend of mine (might be lurking right now on this forum...FU!) that has basically the same car minus the x pipe and headers....he has JLT with SCT tuner....from Bama.

Every time we go heads up I get him through 1st then 2nd we are even then 3rd hes a fender ahead.

Question

I just ordered Xcal 3 from Doug at bama. How much of an improvement can I expect from the Ford tune versus Dougs? I mean clearly I am not getting the bang for the buck with my mods...but I am curious to see what you all think Doug can do with the Mods I have.
Doug's tune will definitely get you more than the ford tune, so that will help..............The exhaust mods you have really don't get you much extra power. Long tubes are the only way to really make hp gains, and unless you have fi, its prob not worth it..............Also, the 20 inch wheels are performance killers. They are heavy, and dont just add weight, but unsprung weight. The extra rotational weight makes a car noticeably slower, not to mention they give you less traction than a smaller wheel with a larger sidewall tire........

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Not to mention with your own tuner you will also be able to adjust other parameters such as timing, rev limiter, top speed governer, o2 senors, speedometer calibration if you change your gear ratio, etc.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Once you get the new tune you guys willl be running closer... Ford tunes bite...( not their fault though they are just being conservative to avoid any problems aka lawsuits )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts