Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok one I just took my baby out for a spin (my gf) and i noticed It smelt like something might have been burning or the burning sensation it smelled like I used some simple green on her to clean her up a little could that be it I havnt noticed it before

and 2 when ever I go above 2 maybe 3k rpms and I let off it sounds like something is rattling.... what could that be?

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump please help want to make sure its nothing major

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
need more details..what have u dont to it...what is ratteling?

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I dont know any more details I havnt done anything to it when I get on it hard and I let off it kind of backfires due to the gasket I have to fix and then theres this loud rattling like loud rattling and it sounds like its in the engine bay areas or maybe behide it its not whiney its semi deep

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Ok well I dont know any more details I havnt done anything to it when I get on it hard and I let off it kind of backfires due to the gasket I have to fix and then theres this loud rattling like loud rattling and it sounds like its in the engine bay areas or maybe behide it its not whiney its semi deep
If it sounds a little like big tin cans bouncing around it might be your catalytic converters.
Just a guess but running rich will cause backfiring and will melt and glob up your converters.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
wow thats great.....no i think the back firing thing is the gasket and im hopin the burning is the simple green

but lets say ur right how do I check to see if shes runnin rich and if they are clogin up wont the exhaust be REALLY hot

also how do i turn it down so it doesnt run so rich

and if it is can I just punch out the cats? wait i have to take them off for that can I just punch holes in them for now I dont have the money to get them replaced

because now i think about it, it does sound like tin cans i think

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
437 Posts
wow thats great.....no i think the back firing thing is the gasket and im hopin the burning is the simple green

but lets say ur right how do I check to see if shes runnin rich and if they are clogin up wont the exhaust be REALLY hot

also how do i turn it down so it doesnt run so rich

and if it is can I just punch out the cats? wait i have to take them off for that can I just punch holes in them for now I dont have the money to get them replaced

because now i think about it, it does sound like tin cans i think
It could possibly be your exhaust hitting somewhere around the rearend area, that happened to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts