Modded Mustang Forums banner

Question

1K views 47 replies 10 participants last post by  justinsstang 
#1 ·
anyways i got a 98 v6. i was gonna buy the split port swap for it, but im curious if i drop a gt engine in it, if the split ports from a v6 will work on a v8... or will i need to pull the split port off a v8 because the v8 intakes are bigger or something..? thanks guys

#2 ·
not to rip on you but if you need to ask this question you arnt redy for a v8 swap.

no a split port swap will not work, because it is for a v6. and there have pi heads and intikes for the gt but you can avoind needing to get those if you just buy a yeat that alredy has them.

also unelss you can get all you need to do the swap for free or are gana put in a crazy built v8 in it isent worth doing the swap.

#4 ·
i will not buy a gt. ppl say it will cost more to convert a v6 to a v8 than to just buy a gt? i dont give a crap... insurance on gts are insane. my insurance on this fukin 6 cyl is 150/mo. thats 1800 a year. swap to gt would prolly put me around 2500/yr i have no doubts.

and buying a new crate engine, it doesn't come w/ heads or intakes, is why i ask.
so where would i get the PI heads and intakes, when i buy the engine, i'll prolly be buying an 01 gt engine from ford.

#5 ·
crate engins can come with heads just buy a long block.

and with the insurance you should achtual check that out befor you just assume.
also FYI if you put a v8 in to a sixer body you need to tell your insurance company so you rates will go up any way, and if you dont tell them you are committing fraud, and if you ever get in to an accident you’ll be ****ed.

#10 ·
most v6 owners are under 25 and get the 6 for insurance purposes as well as parental restrictions. regardless of how you insure your vehicle, the v8 will cost more than the v6. but for a daily driven vehicle (primary or now), the v6 is substantially cheaper than the v8

#13 ·
How much could i get a 5.0 for then? and what year should i get it out of? since im fuel injected, ill need one of them that are as well...so yea, what should i go for. 5.0 isn't a bad idea at all.

#15 ·
what you have now does not at all matter since it will be replaced. any year 5.0 can work. but look at the 87-93 motors they are fuel injected and will bolt right up to your tranny. you will need a motor, wiring harness, and computer. thats it

#16 ·
insurance is rape anyway, and you shouldn't have to have it. i will commit fraud i guess cuz there's no way in hell imma pay that much 2 run the kinda engine i want.
if it was up to me i wouldn't have insurance. too much money for how often i wreck... (never).

#18 ·
insurance is rape anyway, and you shouldn't have to have it. i will commit fraud i guess cuz there's no way in hell imma pay that much 2 run the kinda engine i want.
if it was up to me i wouldn't have insurance. too much money for how often i wreck... (never).
IMHO... that is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. just cuz u havent wrecked yet doesnt mean u wont. ur 17 and i know u drive a lil wild once in a while. we all do. ive had a few close calls myself... i wouldnt really wanna drive without insurance

#21 ·
you can buy one for like 850 through other sources. this is a stock motor right? for 2200, you should be getting a half-way built motor, or at least a brand new never run motor

#26 ·
#30 ·
heres the stats:

Blueprint Engines Ford 5.0L HO Long Block
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake Manifold #350-7121
Edelbrock 600 cfm Carburetor (electric choke) #350-1406
MSD Billet Distributor #121-8598
Ford Racing Oil Pan/Timing Cover Kit #397-M-6670-A50
Ford Racing Polished Valve Covers #397-M-6582-E302P
Ford Racing Chrome Breathers #397-M-6766-B302
ARP Stainless Steel Fasteners #070-554-9601
Mr. Gasket Gasket Set #720-4410

id say 215 rwhp or so

#36 ·
lol. i dunno what to do. i dont know if i want an 8 or a 6 (well ya i want an 8) but even after i buy the 8 longblock, ill still have to search for ****.

maybe i should just go ahead and build my 6 like originally planned...
alot of pressure on me right now. cuz after i graduate, im taking out a credit starter loan for $2000, plus im getting a factory job (making much more than i am now) and im gonna be doing some serious mods to my car. the only bills im still gona have after i graduate is still gonna be just insurance and phone bill ($200 in all a month)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.