Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new oil pump pickup for my 76' 302ci that's going in a 67' coupe.
I'm assuming to order this pickup for a 68-73 Mustang in order to fit the oil pan.
Sealed Power Z22411118 - Sealed Power Oil Pump Pickups - Application - SummitRacing.com

I'm going to use a dual plane edelbrock performer intake with a 600cfm edelbrock 4BBL, whatta yall think about this spacer?
Edelbrock 8714 4- Barrel Carburetor Spacers

I have the accelerator linkage but not the throttle linkage, will this one work with the edelbrock carb?
1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Small Block 4BBL Accelerator Linkage Kit - Repro at West Coast Classic Cougar :: Specializing in 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, and 1973 Mercury Cougars

Last, the water pump. I made the mistake of ordering a water pump with no front cover, I was told it's for a 65'. This is the one i'm looking at now
1967 Ford Mustang WATER PUMP

Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
The spacer is probably a good addition to that combo, buy I can't vouch for what kind of difference it will make compared to that setup without it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Also I would check hood clearance before ordering that spacer to make sure everything will fit (probably will, but it sucks when you get to the point where your putting something together and it won't fit or go together right).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I would check hood clearance before ordering that spacer to make sure everything will fit (probably will, but it sucks when you get to the point where your putting something together and it won't fit or go together right).
The intake manifold is a 289 performer edelbrock low rise and the air cleaner is a 14x3. Mike Jenniges, the man that sold me most of my used parts, told me to get a 1in spacer but you make a fine point. I'll hold off on the spacer until the time comes.

How bout the pickup and the throttle linkage? Those are the main 2 things i'm skeptical about. I'm fairly confident that water pump is correct but if anyone knows otherwise, please lemme know!

Thanks Countryboy

·
Registered
890 Posts
That oil pick up should be fine. But I don't remember what your dealing with and what the proper part should be for you. So no promises there.

I would call that company about that linkage and ask them. Because the edelbrock carb is slightly different than the stock autolites/motorcraft carbs. One of edelbrocks big selling points is their seemingly plug and go simplicity carburetor swap, so I doubt it would be designed as such that the factory linkages wouldn't work with their carbs. But once again I don't know everything and can't give you a definite answer. But like I said call them and ask them about that (their number is at the very bottom of that page).

Your welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts