Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of C5AE heads on ebay. I was told that they would be a decent upgrade to my stock 89 5.0 heads. especially with some lite porting. anyone know anything about them. I know they have 1.84 intake and 1.60 exhaust and they came with push rods. Also what other stuff do i need to do to them to set them up. ie, springs, rockers and stuff like that.....
Im getting desperate here, i had a set of gt-40p heads i was gonna use but i found out one of them was cracked. :mad: someone point me in the right direction.:D

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
You would be better off with a set of P heads. Those C5 castings will net minimal gains over the E7s.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I believe those are heads from a 1965 HP289. Screw in studs with intigrated spring cups w/ 54.5 cc combustion chambers and 1.78 / 1.45 valves would be stock. Depending on what condition they are in and what you paid, you may be better off reselling them to someone who needs them for a resto project, make some bucks and pick up a used set of Edelbrock etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The E7's you have are a better head.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
The E7's you have are a better head.
The C5 heads are a better head but not worth the swap in my opinion. The C5 heads flow a small amount more air and have a 54cc chamber so they will bolt on some power. The think to keep in mind though is they have soft seats and need leaded fuel or they need hardened seats installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts