Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mustang GT with a Saleen Supercharger. This is my daily driver, and I never drive on any type of road course or 1/4 mile tracks. I'm changing the brakes here soon and I have a set of Wagner thermo quiet brake pads. I can't stand spending money on stock rotors that are going to rust. The stock rotors have worked fine, but I just done like the rust. Will I be wasting my money if I decide to get them. They really nice. Can you use any brake pad with the slotted rotors?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I am running EBC brakes and they have been doing me well. Since they have a zinc coating on them they resist rust. I have had my EBC brakes on for almost 3 years now and there is still no indication of rust anywhere.

And do believe that any pad can be used with slotted rotors. I personally like the EBC red stuff pads myself.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Another good choice are Centric "Powerslot" rotors - Centric is the parent company to Stop-Tech.

Zeckhausen Racing

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
I have Powerslots. They're nice. Currently in the front I'm using Hawk pads. But, in the rear I'm using Wagner Thermo-Quiet. You can use the same pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts