Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..I have a friend that's interested in getting a mustang and he saw a 2006 Saleen for 26k with 20k something miles...is this a good deal?

I personally don't know Saleens other than it is faster than GTs of that year...330hp and 340 tq? And apparently there is Saleen Extreme that is supercharged?

It's going to be his daily and I don't think he's going to heavily mod or anything..so I suggested that he get the new five oh for that price...What do you guys think? The new stangs get better mileage/reliable/6speed/etc. Not hating on the older stangs!!

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I've seen some at that price with less than 5k miles. I would say that's not exactly an amazing deal. Get a 5.0 for that price to daily unless he's just in love with the kit and name that comes with it.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Depends what model and what comes with it. That isn't a bad deal. For the year and miles, it's pretty good. If it was an Extreme I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. Is it supercharged? And is the hood a stock one or Saleen hood?

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are three different models that it could be:
-S281 3valve 330hp
-S281 Supercharged 435hp
-S281 Extreme 550hp

These will all obviously affect the price. If you can give us a little more information we can give you a more accurate idea of whether or not its priced right. Any pictures ?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Like runnin said if its going to be his everyday car i would just go with a new 5.0. unless he is looking for a collector type car but it doesnt sound like he is.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah It's not supercharged in any way...Okay thanks for the input guys.

I keep telling him for that price the new five oh is gonna be better but he keeps thinking he'll save money if he buys used stangs....-_-

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Mine wasn't supercharged and mine was stickered at 22k, this was almost 4 years ago. I would pass on it too.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
The differences in body style is what it comes down to for me. Though the 2013's look much better with the tail lights, I'm still not a fan of the angular rear end. Though our cars are pretty boxy, I think it is a better representation of the late 60's mustang.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The differences in body style is what it comes down to for me. Though the 2013's look much better with the tail lights, I'm still not a fan of the angular rear end. Though our cars are pretty boxy, I think it is a better representation of the late 60's mustang.
What he said^ I love the 10-12 front end but couldnt handle the rear end. The rears on the 13 looks a little better but im not feeling the front end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts